thirty-nine

Yoongi dropped Jungkook off at school the morning of the first exams, giving him a little prep talk before Jungkook managed to get the courage to leave the car and Yoongi. He forced Yoongi to give him a kiss 'for good luck' and Yoongi was happy to obliged because he didn't mind kissing Jungkook. If he could come up with what seemed like a decent excuse, he had no problem with doing it.

Jungkook was pretty sure he was going to vomit as he walked up to the exam rooms, which didn't really seem like that bad an idea given it might get him out of the exams. But then Jungkook wasn't sure he had the high enough scores to make up for that, and he didn't want to risk it. He needed to pass these exams.

"Do you think Jungkook'll be alright?" Yoongi asked Namjoon as they sat in the cafe. Namjoon had tried to distract Yoongi from fretting about Jungkook by taking him there, but obviously it wasn't working. "I mean, he's smart enough to do it but what if he freaks out? You should have seen him in the car, I just wanted to hug him forever and ever and do the exams for him."

"So when are you two getting married?" Jimin asked as he appeared next to their table, having listened to Yoongi for the past couple of minutes. "Oh, and I expect to be your best man."

"They're still at the it's complicated stage, they won't be getting married until Yoongi finally accepts Jungkook's advances." Namjoon said, which earned him a glare from Yoongi.

"Just go with it, Yoongi, it'll be easier if you stop fighting against it." Hoseok said from his table, which was beside Yoongi and Namjoon's. "I mean, uncomplicating things will make it... well, less complicated."

"Nothing is complicated. I'm just waiting." Yoongi said through clenched teeth.

"Waiting for what? After the exams when you two get drunk and do it like there's no tomorrow?" Jimin asked, which earned him one of Yoongi's glares. "Now, what do you want to drink?"

The pair gave Jimin their orders and Jimin hurried over to make them. Yoongi sighed when they were alone again.

"But do you think he'll be alright?"

"I'm sure he'll pass. You just better get prepared for the make-out session he's going to demand when he does."

"Oh yeah, that reminds me..."

After the exam-filled days followed by nerve-filled days, the results for the exams finally came out. Yoongi was lying on his bed, reading, when he heard a loud whoop from the lounge room. Not long after he could hear Jungkook running through the house and his bedroom door swung open.

"Hyung, I passed! I didn't do great but I didn't fail!" Jungkook exclaimed as he jumped on top of Yoongi and his bed. He lay on top of Yoongi, smiling excitedly. "You've got to give me a kiss and dinner now. Because I passed~"

Jungkook began to sing about how he passed, squirming around on the bed as he wriggled up so he was next to Yoongi. He sighed happily as he lay there, watching Yoongi. Yoongi smiled at him and nudged him with his shoulder.

"Told you you'd be alright."

"I know." Jungkook smiled happily. "But I hope you got a good dinner planned, because I'm expecting greatness."

"What about your kiss?" Jungkook gave Yoongi an extremely exaggerated wink.

"I'll cash it in later."

"What do you want?" Yoongi asked as he flicked through the menu of the restaurant he'd chosen. Jungkook frowned as he stared at the menu.

"Do they have cheeseburgers?" Yoongi shook his head. "What do they have then?"

"Can't you read? I thought you'd aced your English exam."

"No, I just passed. Just." Jungkook sighed as he stared at the menu. Yoongi had purposefully chosen an English restaurant, wanting to make Jungkook suffer a little bit when he read the menu. He'd also been here before with Jimin, and he'd liked it.

"Don't get garlic bread, I'm not kissing garlic breath." Yoongi said as he looked back down at the menu. "I don't know, there's pasta, pizza, steaks, kebabs―"

"Ooh!" Yoongi looked up at Jungkook.

"You want kebabs?" Jungkook nodded so Yoongi looked back down at the menu. "Too bad, they're too expensive."

"I want kebabs." Yoongi shook his head. "You promised me kebabs!"

"No, I promised you a restaurant better than Maccas. Here it is."

"I'll cry." Yoongi huffed as he put the menu down.

"Fine, I'll get you kebabs. But no dessert."

Jungkook just shrugged. "That's fine. The dessert I want isn't from here."

"Soft serve ice cream. Is this the dessert you wanted?" Yoongi asked as he gave Jungkook one of the McDonald's soft serves to Jungkook. Jungkook shrugged as he began eating it.

"Eh, not really, but it'll do for now." Yoongi sighed as he began eating his own. "If I bank my kiss for a long time, will I get interest on it? Like, will the kiss get bigger the longer I save it?"

"Probably not."

"Okay..." Jungkook sighed as he continued to eat his ice cream. "Oh well."

"Just warn me when you cash it in, and don't do it in any public places."

"Okay."

note: the whole exams thing was skipped for two reasons: 1. who really wants to read about exams? and 2. given I'm in year 11 I don't know how year 12 exams work (plus they're probably different overseas so it just saves confusion and stuff).

Actually, there's a third reason: I don't want to write about exams.