forty-one

"Okay, there's a step here." Yoongi said as he guided Jungkook up to the art gallery. Jungkook was blind-folded, so what was waiting for him in the art gallery was a surprise, and it wasn't until Yoongi got out of the car that he realised what it might have looked like to passing cars. He was just glad they didn't pass any police cars that got the wrong idea.

Jungkook slowly stepped up onto the footpath, his hand gripping Yoongi's tightly. His other one grabbed onto Yoongi's arm as he got his other foot up and felt like he was losing his balance. They stood there for a second, Yoongi making sure Jungkook wasn't going to fall before they kept walking. Yoongi opened the door and led Jungkook inside.

"Ooh, it's warm." Jungkook said happily as he felt the warm air hit him. "Where are we?"

"You'll see in a few seconds. Just be patient."

"What are we doing?"

"Surprising you?"

"Oh..." Jungkook was silent for a few seconds. "I just thought you were being kinky. Like, I didn't know you were into this kind of thing, hyung."

"Don't make me push you over and leave you there blindfolded."

"You'd have to cuff me too, so I can't pull my blindfold off and get back up." Jungkook had a cheeky grin on his face.

"What happened to the little innocent Jungkook who didn't even drink alcohol?"

"I'm a man now, I don't need to focus on my studies now."

"What about uni?"

Jungkook shrugged. "I have you as my it's complicated and you have Namjoon hyung as a sugar daddy so I think we're fine."

Yoongi was about to respond when he was interrupted by the few people hiding in the room, who jumped out and screamed, "SURPRISE!!!" Yoongi sighed as he stared at all the excited faces.

"You idiots, he hasn't even taken his blindfold off yet."

"Is this an orgy?"

"Jungkook, don't make me wash that mouth of yours out with soap." Seokjin shouted from where he was standing at one of the tables. He turned to Jimin. "He was never like that with me, what's Yoongi doing to him?"

"Hormones." Jimin said, although he wasn't really sure.

Yoongi untied Jungkook's blindfold and sighed as he gestured to all the people standing there, and the food and drink. Jungkook looked at it and then back at Yoongi.

"What's this?"

"A party, to celebrate your graduation. We would have invited more kids your age, but we don't actually know any of your friends so we couldn't."

Jungkook was silent for a few seconds, a small frown appeared on his face as he thought about something. "So..." he eventually said, "if this is a party, does that mean there's alcohol?"

"Well there would have been," Jimin said, appeared next to Jungkook like the teleporting barista he was, "but Seokjin hyung wouldn't let me."

"Well that's no fun." Jungkook said, sending a disapprovingly frown to Seokjin. Jimin nodded but leaned closer to Jungkook.

"I spiked the punch." He whispered. "I mean, someone had to do it. It was just sitting there, begging to be spiked."

"Great." Jungkook looked at Yoongi and grinned, who was watching him obliviously. "Hyung, I'm kind of feeling a bit thirsty, maybe we should get some punch."

"I think we should eat the cake first. Seokjin hyung said he spent all day making it."

"Fine, cake then punch."

Jungkook frowned as he watched Yoongi drink the punch, trying to match how much Yoongi was drinking. It really wasn't that hard given Yoongi wasn't drinking anything. He just stood there, holding the punch in his hand.

"The punch is good." Jungkook said, pretending to take a sip of it.

"Yeah, I'm sure it is, especially after Jimin spiked it." Yoongi looked at Jungkook with a smile. "You don't think I'm that stupid, do you? It's punch, I've watched enough movies to know what that means."

"Meanie." Yoongi just chuckled and put his cup down. " But why did you make this party? I would have been happy just staying at home and watching a movie."

"Graduation is a big thing, you should celebrate it properly."

"So... in an art gallery with a bunch of old guys?"

"I'm not that old. And if it's that bad a thing, stop making advances on me and such suggestive comments."

"I'm sorry..." Jungkook put his own cup of punch down and sighed.

"Hey Jungkook," Yoongi said casually, watching as Jimin and Hoseok said something quietly to each other and acted all couple-y. He looked at Jungkook. "I don't know what's going to happen in a year, I don't even know what's going to happen tomorrow, so I might as well make the most of today and focus on the present so... do you want to get past the it's complicated stage? Maybe change that Facebook status to taken?"

"Is this your way of asking me out?" Yoongi nodded. "Oh my god, hyung, I thought you'd never ask."

Jungkook jumped excitedly and hugged Yoongi tightly. Yoongi chuckled and hugged him back.

"Wait!" Jungkook said suddenly, looking at Yoongi. "If we're dating, that means I can kiss you all I want and I don't need a kiss bank."

"Well, that is true."

"Good." Jungkook then gave Yoongi him his first kiss as boyfriend and boyfriend and a little cheer went up from those who noticed, because finally the two had presumably got together.