thirty-two

Taehyung had planned to sleep in, as it was a Monday and he'd been up late helping Namjoon with the exhibition, but at eleven thirty-four he was woken by a knocking at the door. He waited for Hoseok to answer it, before remembering Hoseok had slept over at Jimin's house, and got out of bed. He shuffled to the door, opening it for the impatient knocker.

"Who are you?" He asked when he discovered it was no one he recognised. The man huffed and pushed past Taehyung, pulling his wet coat and gloves off.

"Your friend didn't tell you I was coming?" Taehyung shook his head. "I'm Shin Daechul, your singing teacher."

"M-My what?" Daechul sighed again, shaking his head as he looked at Taehyung.

"How am I supposed to help someone sing when they can't even hear?" Not insulting them would be start, Taehyung thought but kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to offend this grumpy guy. "I said, I'm your singing teacher. I will help you develop your singing."

"Alright, alright, don't need to be so rude." Taehyung sighed as he closed the door. "Do you want a drink or anything?"

"No, I just want to get this lesson over with. I have another one almost straight after this. You're lucky your friend was even able to get this slot, I'm on very high demand."

"Right, I'll have to thank my friend after."

Namjoon looked up when he heard loud footsteps moving towards him. A grumpy looking Taehyung was coming towards him, and Namjoon was suddenly fearing for his life when he noticed the expression on his face.

"Taehyung, wha―" Namjoon's eyes widened as Taehyung grabbed his head, pulling him closer. His eyes widened even more when Taehyung pressed his lips against Namjoon's and kissed him. Taehyung was kissing him, this thought started screaming around his head. Taehyung then pulled away, still glaring up at Namjoon.

"I'm still angry at you for wasting your money on a singing teacher, especially an asshole like him." Taehyung said. Namjoon just stared at him. "But, despite his personality, Daechul is a good teacher and not that bad once you get him teaching. And for that, I thank you. But don't think I've forgiven you just yet."

Taehyung then turned and walked off, going to the backroom before returning with a mop. He began to help Namjoon clean up the place, while Namjoon just stood there, still trying to comprehend what had happened.

Taehyung had kissed him.

And he was angry at him.

But he'd kissed him. Taehyung had kissed him.

"You make a very pretty painting, Jungkook." Seokjin said as he and Jungkook sat on his bed, letting Jimin and Hoseok spend time together on the couch. Jungkook looked up from his phone, before realising what Seokjin had said.

"Oh yeah, though I think Yoongi painted me wrong. He reckons he didn't, but I told him I'm not that good-looking and that he was exaggerating." Jungkook shrugged. "He just said he painted what he saw."

"Well I agree with Yoongi."

"Thanks, hyung." They both fell silent again, Jungkook on his phone and Seokjin just thinking.

"Jungkook, you like Yoongi right?" He asked.

"Huh? Yeah, I like Yoongi hyung. He's a good housemate." Jungkook said. His stomach did that weird thing again when he saw Yoongi's name, but he figured it was nothing and didn't say anything to Seokjin about it. Seokjin might think his cooking was bad and that's what was happening, he didn't want Seokjin to think that.

"You like him a lot?" Jungkook was quiet for a few moments, before he shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess. As far as friends go, he's probably one of my favourites." Seokjin nodded slowly and Jungkook went back to his phone. They stayed like this until it came time for Jungkook to go back home.

"I love you, Jungkook." Seokjin said as he said goodbye to Jungkook, after dropping him off. Jungkook smiled, shrugging his school bag up his shoulder.

"You too. Bye hyung." Jungkook went to walk off, but Seokjin closed his eyes and stopped him by grabbing his hand. Jungkook paused, feeling confused as he looked at Seokjin.

"It's because I love you that I think we have to break up." Seokjin said, opening his eyes slowly. Jungkook stared at him blankly, before he began to laugh nervously.

"This is a joke, right, hyung? You're just trying to be funny?" Tears began to well in Jungkook's eyes and he quickly blinked them away. "It's not funny, hyung, it's not a good joke."

"It's not a joke, Jungkook. I think we should break up." Jungkook pulled his hand from Seokjin's so he could wipe his eyes. His tears just made it harder for Seokjin, who had decided last night after he left the exhibition that this was the right thing to do. "There's a guy in this house that is better for you, and I'm just holding you back from being in a better relationship. You deserve happiness, Jungkook, and I think Yoongi is the better person to give you this―"

"I don't love Yoongi hyung, I love you!" Jungkook cried as he hugged Seokjin, holding him tightly. His whole body shook against Seokjin's. Seokjin took a deep, shaky breath in and kept going, though he felt like he too was going to cry soon.

"I love you too, but you'll move on ― we'll both move on, eventually. One day, you― you'll be older a-and walking down the aisle, and I-I'll be your best man as you marry Yoongi, and we'll have forgotten this ever happened. I-I'll introduce you to my new boyfriend, a-and you'll be ha― happy. We'll both be happy." Seokjin sniffed, because now it was beginning to get hard for him and his chest was aching. Jungkook still hadn't let go of him and, even though he knew this was for the better, Seokjin was finding it really hard to both literally and metaphorically push him away. "G-Go inside to Yoongi, Jungkook. Go eat cake and McDonalds and watch as he paints, go be happy."

Yoongi heard crying and opened the door, right as Seokjin walked slowly down the path. Jungkook stood there, sniffling and wiping his face. Seokjin then got in his car and drove off, while Jungkook continued to stand there. Yoongi cleared his throat.

"You alright?" Jungkook turned to Yoongi, shaking his head. He looked slowly up at Yoongi.

"Do you think we'd be able to get pizza, I really feel like I need some pizza."

I was going to say something about worrying about this being rushed, but then I realised it was thirty-two chapters in and Yoonkook was only just starting to happen...

So if this chapter by itself seems rushed, I apologise but as I said, this is thirty-two chapters in and Yoonkook is only just starting.

I should probs do homework now... Oops.

Plus, I was scrolling through this chapter and

Out of context, this is the most stupid sentence ever