25

Rowan's POV

I'm grounded for 2 weeks.

Thanks "Mr. Hood".

I still haven't told my parents that it was Mr. Hood.

My intentions are to keep Mr. Hood a secret and hidden from any of my family or friends.

I have been sitting in my room for about 5 hours.

It's midnight now and my room is dark.

There was a sudden noise from my window.

I ignored it and resumed to rummage through Twitter.

There was the sound again.

I opened my window to Mr. Hood with sweats and a white shirt on with his messy hair that he has when he isn't at school or in public along with black and white converse.

"What are you doing out here?" I said loud enough for him to hear me and not to wake up my parents or anybody else who is sleeping in my house.

"My house?"

I hesitated to answer, I couldn't say no because he would persuade me.

"Okay," I paused, "but just give me a minute." I said before closing the window.

-

Once we got into his house, I slipped off my shoes and sat on his couch closing my eyes.

"Tired?"

"It's almost 1, what do you think?" I sarcastically said.

"Then I assume inviting Ashton, Luke, and Michael over is out of the question."

I shrugged and propped my head on my hand.

"Ashton said he's coming over." Mr. Hood mumbled giving his full attention to his phone.

Every single word that came out of his mouth was just confusing since my energy was at a 0.

I felt my eyelids becoming heavy.

"Rowan, promise me you want fall asleep." Mr. Hood said nudging my shoulder.

"It's 1 o'clock, I'm not making any promises." I murmured into the throw pillow.

Minutes later, there was a soft knock at the door.

I didn't see anyone but I heard their voices and the door open.

"Oh hello, Rowan." I heard an Aussie voice say.

I opened my eyes and looked up at Mr. Irwin.

"Hello." I said in a sleepy voice.

Mr. Hood and Mr. Irwin were having a conversation amongst themselves until there was a banging on the door.

"Come in." Mr. Irwin shouted before the door swung open.

"It's fucking cold outside." Mr. Hemmings said before shutting the door.

"Oh hi Rowan." He awkwardly said.

"Hi."

Luke whispered something that sounded like gibberish.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up straight.

My phone vibrated multiple times.

I checked my notifications which were 3 texts from Hannah, and a new follower on Twitter.

"No!" Luke whined putting his arms by his sides.

"Rowan would you like to go to a small party?" Mr. Irwin asked.

"I would but I'm tired and I'm grounded."

-

"Rowan get ready. We're having a neighborhood barbecue." Mom said in her sweet tone.

I nodded my head in response.

She smiled before reaching for the door knob.

"Mom?"

"Yes, dear?"

"I need to talk to you."

Mom came and sat on my bed with me.

"What is it?"

I took a deep breathe in before I spoke.

"I am seeing an older man."

She gave me a blank stare which meant, "Go on".

"But here is another thing that I need help with."

"What's that?"

"I am in love with him, a-and I can't help it." I stuttered in a nervous tone.

Mom sat there probably thinking of what to say next.

"Your father is an over reactive prick- oh my no! I didn't mean to say that. He is an over protective parent," She quickly said the last part.

I let out a laugh.

"Rowan, your old enough to make your own choices. Yes, I'm bothered but I can't control what you do anymore." She said seeming disappointed.

"I'm glad you have come to that state of mind."

"So who is this man?" Mom asked ignoring what I said.

I sighed.

"If I tell you, you promise not to freak out?"

don't you love cliffhangers ???