65

warning! vivid goriness ahead and depressing events ahead..

Rowan's POV

Luke looked annoyed, genuinely annoyed.

"Are you okay?" Calum murmured wiping my tear stained cheeks with the sleeves of his grey hoodie.

I nodded my head.

"You can't just barge into my fucking house and do this shit!" Luke exclaimed as veins popped out from his neck.

"Do what? Care for Rowan?" Calum yelled back as he clenched his fists.

"You don't understand that Rowan is not in the best condition and she doesn't need your bullshit! She needs me! Me and her family and my family! You are nothing!" Luke yelled as Calum stood up and faced Luke.

"Luke please stop yelling." I said as another tear streamed down my face.

Luke shook his head, "I'm sorry", He then looked up at Calum with a glare, "If you don't remember, this is my fucken child, not yours."

"Well I do recall of Mrs Hemmings," He said gesturing to me, "Pleading for me to stay by her side. So fuck off, Luke. I know what she wants and it's me!" Calum shouted in Luke's face.

I got up from Luke's bed and stood between them.

"Please don't fight. I love you both and I even told Luke that I need to get my shit feelings together. So I will not be choosing between the both of you so forget about me being one of yours. What I'm saying doesn't sound humanly realistic, like something that would be in movie, but really I need both of you to help me. I will not have my mother and father and Luke's family smother me to pieces." I said putting my hands up in defense.

Silence fell between all of us.

"I'm going to leave now." Calum nodded before walking out of the room.

-

"So guess what happened." Mom said as she sat at the kitchen table.

"Hm?" I hummed looking up from a catalog.

"You're great uncle died!" She said with a smile.

"And that's a happy thing?" I said in confusion pushing the catalog to the side.

"Well, he left me his barn," She laughed, "You're great uncle loved his farm. Even if he didn't have animals."

"So this associates me how?" I questioned folding my hands in my lap.

"He left you his car and his lake house."

"Why? He has like 10 kids. Don't you think he'd want to give it to someone he spent more time with other than 2 weeks a summer when I was in junior high?" I said as Mom gave me a blunt face.

"Well he did write it down, wish I would've gotten something big." She said under her breathe looking off into the distance of the backyard.

"So what now? I get his car and lake house and everything is settled?" I questioned tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Oh well, you sign this." She said placing a dead in front of me.

I stared at it for a moment before Mom spoke.

"You don't have to keep it. You could of course always give it to your father and-"

"No. I want it." I said grabbing the pen from her.

I scribbled my name down in some sort of cursive and slid the paper across the table.

"Congratulations. Maybe that could be yours and Luke's house for your family to start." She smiled taking the dead and putting it on the stacks of paper on the kitchen counter top.