54

Rowan's POV

I jolted up as I was sitting in a chair with my head drooped down.

I blinked a few times to regain my vision.

Obnoxious beeping sounds was the only thing to be heard.

I was incredibly confused because I wasn't at home, I was in a hospital room.

I shook my head in disbelief looking around the room till I saw Calum.

Calum was peacefully asleep in a hospital gown under the thin white blanket.

"What's going on?" I whispered to myself.

I got up from the chair and walked around the room.

A metal clipboard was attached to the foot of the bed.

I flipped open the clipboard where a piece of paper was attached.

"Drug over dose"

But, that happened back in December.

No, this couldn't have happened again.

I checked the time, but caught a glimpse of the date.

"Wednesday, December 16"

This whole time, I've been dreaming?

I dropped my phone on the waxed hospital floor.

"I've been dreaming this life, and it's not real. Andy never came back, Calum never became famous in this band, Luke never had feelings for me, Michael never left school, Mom was never going to have a child, and Abdiel doesn't exist." I said feeling tears appear in my eyes.

A soft knock alarmed me making me wipe away the tears forming in my eyes.

I turned around to see Luke.

"Hey- are you okay?" Luke asked standing in the door way.

"I've been living this nightmare, but it all turned out to be a dream and-" I said before I was cut off.

I picked up my phone off of the floor checking if there were any damages.

"Oh, hello Luke. I see that you have another person with you, who is she?" A woman said who had long wavy hair.

"Um," Luke paused,"This is Rowan, my g-girlfriend."

I furrowed my eyebrows at Luke.

"Lovely, I didn't know you were dating anyone," She laughed lightly slapping his arm,"When did you guys meet?"

I looked at Luke in confusion.

Luke raised his eyebrows.

"We met at a baseball game." He blurted out seeing interest in her expression.

"Well that's nice," She smiled scrunching her nose.

I hummed a laugh forcing a smile onto my face.

"I'm going to leave now, I have a big meeting." She said before walking towards Calum.

She sighed gripping his hand.

Once she left the room, I lashed out.

"I'm not your girlfriend, Luke. You shouldn't have lied to her." I shook my head still processing reality.

"I know, but we can't tell her that your Calum's student." Luke said sitting down in the hospital chair.

"Well technically you can. She doesn't have to know that Calum and I are kind of a thing." I shrugged looking at my shoes.