57

before you read this chapter : i wanted you to wake up to a chapter. it's something like a gift from me to you since i can't personally give you a gift lol. merry christmas or happy hanukkah ! i hope you have a wonderful day ! 💙🎅🏻🎁

Rowan's POV

I sat in the waiting room of the hospital, biting off all of my finger nails.

After weeks of working part time at Dad's hospital I managed to get the money Calum needed.

The hospital Dad works at is more like a children's hospital.

"Hey." A muffled voice said coming towards me.

I looked up to Luke with tinted pink eyes and dark circles.

"You look terrible." I said as he sat next to me.

"So do you, have you gotten sleep lately?" Luke asked rubbing his left eye.

"No, have you gotten any sleep?"

"Not a minute." He said under his breathe reaching for a magazine on a coffee table.

I scanned through the pile of magazines, to many recipes and maternity tips.

"What's been keeping you awake?" I questioned narrowing my eyes at him.

"I've got this new girlfriend." Luke yawned extending his rather long arms.

"Oh." I said with a small smile.

Luke turned his head to me and gave me a look of sympathy.

"What do you mean, oh?" He said returning his attention to the paper back magazine.

"Why wouldn't I be giving you an obvious look if you, 1, have a new girlfriend, and 2, haven't gotten any sleep?" I said squinting my eyes.

"There's a possibility that we might have played poker all night." Luke sarcastically said cocking his head to the side.

"You and her played poker?" I laughed turning my body to him.

"No! Don't you get sarcasm?" He said in annoyance.

"Then what did you guys do?" I questioned thinking of maybe something that they might have done.

Luke shook his head and threw down his magazine to the chair next to him.

"Rowan, what do you think we did?" He said in a stern voice.

"Drink?"

"No." He said shaking his head raising his eyebrows.

"Is she a crazy sleeper? You know, tossing, turning, kicking?"

"No!" Luke said loudly.

"Then?" I said widening my eyes.

"Rowan." He said looking at me straight in the eyes.

I looked at his facial expression, trying to examine his features but it was to hard to since he raising his eyebrows and mouthing words.

"You and her played chess?" I said mildly confused.

Luke exhaled in frustration.

"WE HAD SEX, ROWAN. SEX." Luke practically yelled.

I looked around at the few nurses who were staring at us.

"Oh." I said holding my laughter back.

-

"Ms. Collins? Ms. Collins?" A soft manly voice said as his hand touched my shoulder.

"Hm?" I said opening my eyes and sitting up straight.