55

Rowan's POV

"What's the matter with you? You've been incredibly distant from me lately." Josh said putting his hand on my thigh.

Yeah, Josh and I are back together.

Jared, he's out of the picture.

"It's nothing, I'm fine." I said in a low voice pushing his hand off.

"It sure doesn't seem like it, you can tell me what's wrong, Rowan. That's what boyfriends are for." He said with a reassuring smile.

I stared at his green eyes, glimmering in the light of the lamp.

I shook my head and closed my text book throwing it on top of my bed.

"I'm fine, I promise." I said pulling a fake smile.

Inside, I was hurting so badly.

I miss Calum so much. I want to here his voice again. I want to here his raspy voice when he is angry.

His life could be fading away, and I am just sitting here.

It's 4:40.

Visiting hours are over at 6.

I can't. What excuse do I tell Josh?

There's always tomorrow.

"If you say so," He said extending his arms back stretching out his torso.

I shrugged and slouched in my chair.

"Whatever happened to Mr. Hood? He's like, dead or something." Josh laughed ruffling his short black hair.

I looked up at him, vaguely glaring at him.

"He's not dead, Josh. He's just asleep." I said in an angered tone.

I looked down at my drawer handle.

"How would you know?" Josh questioned with a humorous expression.

"I just know, I shouldn't have to explain myself to you." I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"Whatever." He said under his breathe with a small smile.

"It's getting late, and I think you should go home." I said blankly.

"It's almost 5 which isn't late, but if you say so, I'll leave," He said grabbing his school bag, "Bye."

-

I sat in my seat, staring at my test.

My brain has turned to mush and my ability to speak is fading.

I feel empty inside.

The test wasn't multiple choice so I just wrote down random sentences that relate to the question.

When the bell rang, Mr. Irwin spoke.

"Place your tests on my desk, if you didn't please come after school to finish."

I placed my unfinished test on his desk not bothering to make any eye contact with him.

Amazing, I don't have any way to get to the hospital if I am to stay after school to finish this test.

"Rowan." Mr. Irwin called out as I left his desk.

I turned around on my heels stepping closer to him.

"Yes?" I said quietly gripping the strap to my bag.

"I've noticed you have not finished your test, come after school so I can talk to you. You seem unamused with my demand." He said pushing his glasses up the ridge of his nose.