64

Luke's POV

After Calum slammed the door in my face, I went for a brisk walk.

The cold air was attacking my face as I walked on the pavement.

Mum wants to meet Rowan in the morning and now she won't talk to me.

I walked and walked until I was at a creek.

I walked onto the small wooden bridge over the creek and stopped in the middle of it leaning over the fencing.

All I ever wanted was for Rowan and I to be together, always.

I fucked up, I really did.

Tears formed into my eyes, but I soon rubbed my eyes to make them go away, or something.

Walking out of the creek area, I walked to the small gas station and purchased a pack of cigarettes.

The checker lady gave me an odd look but I ignored her.

I probably looked sleep deprived with dark circles, but to be honest I haven't looked at myself in the mirror in the last 4 days.

Walking out and lighting the fresh cigarette, I put it between my teeth a blew out a puff of smoke once I pulled it away from my mouth.

I couldn't believe what I was doing, but it melted my nerves away.

I walked down the road listening as the cars zoomed by me.

"Luke?" 

-

Rowan's POV

I sat on the bay window looking at the cars go by and the birds in the trees.

Naturally, I felt sick and also super drowned in my thoughts.

Luke was the very last person I wanted to think of.

"Hey." Calum said in a low voice standing in the door frame.

I exhaled through my nose and kept my focus on the outside world.

"Are you okay?" He said putting a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded my head and shrugged his hand off my shoulder.

I couldn't decide whether Luke ruined my happiness last night or drained it all out of me.

All I wanted was a good relationship with him, but his high level of bipolar stood in the way.

I just wanted at least a friendship with him, just for the sake of our future child. I don't know what it's like to grow up with parents not on good terms, but my child definitely will not go through that.

"I just want you to know that I love you." He said kissing my cheek.

I nodded my head and listened to his breathing.

"I think I'm gonna go home," I said standing up and walking over to the night stand, "I'll call you."

"But Rowa-"

"Please." I said looking at him.

He nodded and sat on the foot of his bed.

I quickly walked down his stairs and walked out to the front yard.

-

"Hey, how are you doing?" Mom said sitting next to me with a cup of tea.

"Terrible."

"Why? What happened?" She said seeming concerned.

"The guy who did this," I gestured to my stomach, "Showed up last night."