58

Luke's POV

Rowan and I walked into Calum's house together, hands intertwined.

I feel kind of, happy?

I mean, Rowan has always been an attractive female but she was always off limits since she was indeed my student.

Obviously Calum isn't aware that he could be filed as a child molester since she technically is under 18.

Putting my feelings and thoughts aside, we were pointed to the dinner table by a butler, I assume, where a young couple sat along with Calum.

"Hi." I said as we walked into the area.

I looked at Rowan, beautiful as usual.

Calum's right arm was in a sling but he was moving his left arm which was odd because I recall of him not being able to move his arms.

Once her eyes met Calum's, she untangled our fingers.

"Hi." She said lowly looking down at the floor.

"Ah! Darlings!" Darla joyfully said coming from the kitchen with wide open arms.

Her dress was dramatically long and shimmered under the dinning room lights.

Calum sat at the end of the long table staring down at his salad.

Darla seems like a charm to Calum.

"Sit, sit!" She said holding out her arm at the 2 seats in front of the young couple.

"Hey." I said looking at Calum.

Calum looked up at me with tired eyes, it looked like he had some sort of make up under his eyes that blended in with his skin because it was creasing and unusually oily.

"Hi." He said with a smug smile.

I pulled out the chair next to Calum for Rowan, but she pulled the chair right next to it so I would sit next to Calum.

"Hello Rowan, you look lovely tonight." Calum said with no emotion in his voice.

"You look," She said examining him, "Decent."

-

Rowan's POV

I sat the table holding my vomit down.

Those cheesy words coming out of Mr. and Mrs. Jackparks made me incredibly sick.

Apparently Calum can use his left arm now.

I didn't pay for that treatment.

His arm was in this thick threaded sling that was navy blue.

"Calum bought me this diamond jewel last month." Darla said holding out her right hand to the Jackparks.

"Oh! It's marvelous!" Mrs. Jackparks gasped grabbing Darla's hand.

"Yeah, Calum said that it was simply for me since he calls me his "charm"." She said smugly looking at Calum.

I almost gasped as well, but it was more like a loud inhale and out hale, a sigh.

I glanced over at Calum who was blankly staring at Darla.

"Excuse me." I said throwing my napkin down on the table and walking down a hallway to the bathroom.

My dinner was about to come spewing up my throat.

I shut the door quietly and slid down the door leaning up against the door.