31

Rowan's POV

Ryan and I were sitting in the kitchen, talking over a glass of orange juice.

"Well, we'll have to tell them soon that we're moving to Florida." John said in his deep voice.

"John, we can't leave now. Maybe you can leave and find us all a place to live." Mom said opening a drawer.

Ryan tapped my arm.

I looked at him while listening to Mom and John.

Ryan shook his head.

"I don't know John." Mom exhaled.

"Please, dear. I will take care of both Rowan and Ryan with care. Especially our baby."

I gave Ryan a look of disgust.

"We can always just," Ryan paused, "Leave?"

"Where?"

"I don't know, just not here." He said pouring his cup out into the sink.

With out another word, I quickly ran to my room.

I grabbed my gym bag and threw random clothes in it.

Ryan and I are going to need money. I grabbed to $120 I stole from Mom and Dad from the money they left before they left for those various months.

My door opened which startled me.

"60." Ryan said holding up money.

"Okay cool I have 120. Put the bags in your car and I'll ask Mom for money. I'll just say we're going to the mall." I said handing him my bag.

As Ryan walked down down the stairs with our bags, I went over to Mom's room.

"Mom?" I said knocking on her door.

Mom opened the door.

"Yes dear?" She asked poking her head out behind the door.

"Ryan and I want to go to the mall. Can we have money?" I asked.

"Yeah sure."

The door closed and momentarily, she returned with at least $30.

She handed them to me and I quickly snatched them.

"Thanks love you." I said before walking down the stairs and down to Ryan's car.

When I got outside, I saw John sitting on the porch and Ryan with a panicked expression.

"Where are you off to?" John asked looking up from his news paper.

"No where." I said.

"Better be home soon."

"You aren't our father so we basically don't have to listen to you." I shrugged before getting into his car.

-

It's been a few minutes since we've left.

Finding a really decent cheap hotel is complex.

"Hood"

"Hello." I said in a frustrated tone.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Mr. Hood asked.