49

Rowan's POV

Luke pushed me into the bathroom with the lights off.

I searched for the light switch.

Once I found it and turned it on, I saw the crumpled up pieces of papers spilling out from under the sink.

I reached for one.

It read "Entry 7. Today, the first day of school as a teacher, I saw this girl. She is a student. Very beautiful. Her smile is great. It could cure cancer to be honest. Rowan. I think her last name is Collins or Coins. She's possibly part Irish."

I'm not Irish, but let me say, what the fuck is this shit.

I rummaged through more.

"Entry 16. I really wanna die right now. I just found out Calum and Rowan are hooking up. I pretended to encourage them, but on the inside it really hurt. Yes liking a student is very wrong but feeling this way is right. My heart is still in pieces. All I have to say to Calum is : Fuck you Calum." I read in my head.

I started to have anxiety. Why would Luke write this?

Is this how he feels or felt about me?

"Bye!" Luke shouted in the hall way.

I shut the cabinet door to the sink shoving the piece of paper in my back pocket.

"Shit that was Calum." Luke whispered standing in the door way.

"What did he say?" I questioned still processing what Luke wrote.

"Nothing really. He just wanted to see what I was doing." Luke shrugged.

"It's 3 in the morning, it's obvious you were asleep." I said noticing a paper falling out of the cabinet.

Luke looked at the cabinet.

"Right, uh, I think you should wait in my room for a minute." Luke said pushing me out and slamming the door.

-

I climbed through my window at 5 in the morning.

The cold breeze hitting my butt and legs.

Once I hit the hardwood floor, I quickly closed the window.

I dusted off my pants from all the dirt on the roof.

My head shot up once I heard the sound of the lock on the door jiggle.

"What are you doing up at this hour?" Calum said in his thick accent.

"Early start?" I said hoping he would buy it.

Calum examined my face.

"What happened to your face?" He questioned pointing to my face.

I put a hand to my right cheek.

I winced in pain.

"I hit my face when I was getting ready in the dark." I slowly explained.

"Hm, alright then. Let's get a move on to school now." Calum said before walking down the hall.

I grabbed my book bag and phone.

"But Calum!" I said walking after him, "Why am I going to school so early?"

"Teachers have to get to school early to prepare." Calum explained walking out the door.

I shut the door in confusion after stepping out of his house.