61

Rowan's POV

"Hello?" Calum answered.

"Hi." I breathed out as I felt knots form in my chest.

"Is everything okay?" He asked in a quiet voice.

"No." I said feeling my breathing hitch.

"What happened?" He murmured into the phone.

"I'm sorry. I'm," I paused wiping the single tear streaming down my face.

"For what?" He asked in confusion.

"For everything," I breathed out, "For hurting you. For making you upset. For putting your job at risk."

Calum was silent, he cleared out his throat after a while.

Sighing he said, "Every time you've ever done something to me, I've forgiven you, but I never tell you that I've forgiven you."

"No, it's not okay." I said shaking my head feeling hot tears brim in my eyes.

"Rowan it's oka-"

"Stop saying it's okay! It's not. You forgive me for every little thing and I-I don't deserve to be forgiven." I sobbed as my cheeks turned red.

He sighed and remained silent.

"A-and I'm sure you don't even want to hear my voice or hear my apology. I fucked up really badly. I was such a bitch to you and literally everyone." I said gasping for air.

He continued to be silent which made me feel incredibly anxious.

"I'm sorry. I ruined your life," I said quietly hoping he would abject, "And after this call, you don't ever have to speak to me."

"Why would I ever want to do that? Rowan I love you even if you have cheated on me and put my job at risk." He said breaking the lingering silence.

I smiled to myself, but no one should feel that way if someone has cheated.

"I want to waste my life away with you, even if our relationship is, by law, illegal." He said in a hoarse voice.

"I do too." I whispered wiping my face with the back of my hand.

"Get some rest, you could benefit from it." He said along with vague shuffling sounds.

"Good night." I said lowly.

"Good night."

-

I woke up to the sound of my alarm.

Pressing snooze, I listened to the sound of the rain hitting my window.

I sat up and felt vaguely light headed.

My body felt hot, my palms and neck were sweaty.

A soft knock sounded before my door slowly opened.

"Hey, how'd you sleep?" Mom said peeking her head in.

"Not great. I don't feel great." I said rubbing my head feeling a horrid head ache approaching.

"Hm. Do you want some aspirin?" She asked seeming concerned.

"Yes please, that would be nice." I said as my eyes adjusted to the bright room.

Mom closed the door before nodding in response.