Prologue

My name is Beth Anderson. Short for Elizabeth Claire Anderson. I live in Melbourne, Australia, where it’s four seasons in one day. Life for me has never been easy. My mum left this world too soon, leaving me with my monster of a dad. After my mum's death, my dad decided that he didn’t want me anymore and now here I am. Living with my ‘aunty’ who couldn’t care less about me.

Linda was, well is, a nightmare. I refuse to call her my Aunty because she doesn’t treat me like a niece. At first I had the false hope that she would actually care for me. But why would she? No one else did. She doesn’t do anything for me other than provide me shelter. She doesn’t take care of me and at the age of thirteen I was forced to take care of and protect myself. I have to clean the house, do laundry, and wash dishes even though it is Linda’s house. She is out every night doing who knows what at who knows where. The days she would actually come home she would reek of alcohol and smoke. The roles were reversed and I had to take care and clean up after Linda when she would come home off her face.

The only thing I looked forward to was school. I don’t go to the best school and I don't exactly like it at all but at least it gets me away from the hell hole.

(A/N Don't forget to vote!)