Chapter 7

I wake up to the bright sun blinding my eyes. I try to move but I’m held down. I realise that Harry’s arms are lazily around me. I am taken back from the picture but it feels almost nice to be this close to him. I lay down for a little while longer. This was the best sleep I’ve had in a long time. I must’ve been so exhausted because of the concert and back and forth train rides because I somehow had a peaceful sleep without listening to music all night. I look up at the beautiful boy lightly snoring next to me; he looks so peaceful. Being in his embrace feels so comfortable and right. It oddly doesn’t feel awkward being in the embrace of a stranger. But it should. It hits me. He’s a total stranger. I didn’t even know this guy and I slept in the same bed as him? Wow. That does not sound like something Beth would do. I gently pry his hands off my body without waking him to avoid any awkwardness. If I could leave without waking him up I could forget that any of this happened and go back to my life. I change back into my clothes from the previous night. I was just in the middle of putting my shoes on when I hear him shuffle and stir. Dammit, so close.

‘’Beth? Are you leaving?’’ He questions while getting up and walking towards me.

‘’Yeah. Thank you for letting me stay here, I really appreciate it,’’ I say uneasily. Before I could leave the bedroom I feel a hand grip around my waist and turn me around. We were now face to face and dangerously close.

‘’At least stay for breakfast,’’ he pleads.

‘’Thank you but I can’t,’’ I say while taking a step back, ‘’you’ve already done so much for me, I don’t want to bother you anymore.’’

‘’Please? You’re not bothering me and I don’t want you to leave on an empty stomach.’’

I waver but I am hungry, like always, and I’ve always loved the breakfast here. ‘’Um I guess so. But could we order room service? I don’t want to be mobbed by crazy teen girls.’’

‘’Smart thinking,’’ he compliments as I smile proudly.

I walk over to get the menu, knowing where it is exactly; in the drawer of the desk in the lounge room.

Harry looks at me weirdly, ‘’how did you know where it is?’’

‘’Lucky guess?’’ I lie, which he could see.

‘’Order whatever you want,’’ he says, handing me the phone.

I look at the menu and know exactly what I’m getting straight away.

Speaking into the phone I order, ‘’Hi, could I get the deluxe breakfast?..... Um wait one second.’’ I pull the phone away from my ear and turn to Harry, who’s sitting on the couch. ‘’Harry, what do you want?’’

He walks up to me and grabs the menu. He peers at it for a few seconds and places the menu down. ‘’I’ll get the same thing as you.’’

I bring the phone back up, ‘’Okay so two of the deluxe breakfast’s……. Okay thank you, bye,’’ I say as I hang up.

I walk to where Harry is on the couch and notice he looks a little upset. I sit down next to him as he looks down to the ground.

‘’The food will be here in 30 minutes,’’ I say to break the silence. He slowly nods in response, still not making any eye contact. ‘’Harry, what’s wrong? Did I do something to upset you?’’

He shoots his head up and shakes his head. ‘’No, it’s nothing you did it just… After we eat it’ll be the last time we ever see each other. I really um… I really want to get to know you better. We could be friends?’’

Friends? Was I ready for another person in my life? Another person who will leave me or hurt me? I don’t need any more friends, one is enough; more than enough.

‘’You? Harry Styles want to get to know me better? Why?’’ I voice my thoughts.

‘’Do I really need a reason? You just seem cool and I would like to keep in touch. Could I have your number? If that’s okay.’’ I couldn’t say I wasn’t surprised.

‘’You really want to be friends with me? Me? Beth Anderson? I’m a nobody. Don’t worry about me, I don’t want to interfere with your busy life,’’ I say to try and get myself out of this.

His expression suddenly turns from sad to angry. ‘’Don’t ever feel as if you’re not good enough. I don’t want you saying you’re a nobody because you’re so much more than that,’’ he says, quite aggressively I might add, as I nod slowly only because I was shocked by the attitude of his voice.

Despite his tone, all the words that came out of his mouth were so meaningful and sweet. I reach for my back pocket and hand him my phone. His whole face lights up and grabs my phone. He types his phone number in and saves himself into my contacts. He then lifts up my phone, makes his eyes go cross eyed while sticking out his tongue and takes the silliest, yet cutest selfie and saves it as his contact picture. I can’t help but laugh at his adorableness. I hear his phone buzz, signalling that he sent himself a text.

He looks at me, smiles and says hopefully, ‘’call me whenever you want to talk, okay?’’

‘’Will do Curly,’’ I smile shyly. He chuckles at my word choice.

‘’Curly? I like it. What could your nickname be,’’ he says while stroking his non-existent beard as if he were deep in thought.

I chuckle and say, ‘’Beth is already my nickname, short for Elizabeth.’’

Just as I finish my sentence the doorbell rings.

(A/N Don't forget to vote!)