Chapter 14

Harry’s POV

Beth is walking by my side and I can’t help but stare at her. Her tan skinned, long black hair, small petite body, small nose, full lips and mesmerising eyes enchant me. For someone so beautiful, she was so down to earth and humble. She turned to face me and I quickly turn my gaze to the ground.

‘’What?’’ She asked confusingly.

‘’Nothing,’’ I say while blushing.

‘’What do I have something on my face?’’ She says while rubbing her face. I shake my head, too embarrassed to say why I was staring at her. She would think I’m a creeper. ‘’Then why were you looking at me?’’

I cough before I answer you and look into her eyes, ‘’you’re really pretty,’’ I mumble.

Her cheeks reddened as she smiled to the ground, ‘’you’re a dork but thank you,’’ she chuckled nervously.

I decide to take another shot and put my arm over her shoulder. She is shocked but doesn’t pull away this time. She feels so small in my embrace, but she seems to fit under my arm perfectly. She looks up at me and I notice her eyes have changed from black, back to the beautiful chocolate brown. I lightly smile at her and she returns it. Her beautiful smile doesn’t seem to reach her eyes, but seeing her smile still warms my heart.  The way she fits under my arms like a puzzle piece is warming but also unusual; I’ve never felt this way with anyone before.

‘’So what are we doing?’’ She looks up to me. She is a lot shorter than me and I love that.

‘’I think we’re going to watch a movie in the hotel room with the lads and then order dinner.’’

‘’Wow, you guys really live on the edge don’t ya?’’ She says while chuckling and I can’t help but join her.

‘’Well what did you want to do?’’ I ask nervously since I didn't really have a better idea.

‘’I was kidding! Movie and food sounds great.’’

I sigh in relief. "Great, because there's not much we can do since we're on lockdown," she arches her eyebrow confusingly at me. "Lockdown is when we are trapped in our hotel room because it's too dangerous to go elsewhere," I explain. I hate it when we're on lockdown but we don’t really have any other choice but to stay in the hotel because it’s too ‘dangerous’.

"How did you get here then?" She questions.

"I have my ways," I smirk.

We keep walking in a comfortable silence towards the parking lot. I have already risked my life coming here and Paul is probably going to chop my head off once he finds me; but this girl was worth the risk. Once my rental car is in sight I use my free hand to look for my keys in my pocket. As I take it out it makes a jingling sound. I feel Beth tense up as she looks at the keys and suddenly stops walking.

‘’What’s wrong?’’

I feel her body tense up before she hastily shoves my hand off her shoulder. She stares at my car and panic overtakes her brown eyes.

‘’I have to go,’’ her voice is trembling.

‘’What? I thought we were going to hang out.’’ I asked disappointedly.

‘’Maybe some other time. I’m not feeling too well,’’ she says anxiously. Just then the bell rings and she starts to take small steps away while still facing me. ‘’You should go before people come.’’ She looks at my car and back at me with worry in her brown eyes. ‘’Drive safe,’’ she says before turning around and walking out the gates.