Chapter 4

I step inside the lobby and all the memories come rushing back. I just want to go in, retrieve my phone and get out as quick as possible without causing any commotion. That is my mission. I could be like the next Kim Possible or something, I would make a good Kim Possible. Wow, I’m weird… I wait on a chair for someone to come up to me, since I have no idea who’s returning my phone. After around 2 minutes I feel a slight tap on my shoulder and turning around seeing a tall guy in a grey hoodie. I can’t distinguish his facial features but the curls give it away.

‘’Harry?’’

‘’Um yeah. Hi.’’

ABORT MISSION! ABORT MISSION!

‘’Why’d you come down? You could’ve gotten one of your people to give me my phone,’’ I said quietly, not wanting to create any attention to myself.

‘’People? You make me sound like an obnoxious diva. I have legs, I can do it myself. I don’t need people running around for me.’’

The words surprise me because he says exactly the opposite of what I picture him –a celebrity- like.

‘’Okay whatever. Can I have my phone back please?’’

‘’Okay let’s go.’’

Confusion took over my face as he grabs my wrist and drags me the elevators. I shove it off before I can properly feel his grasp.

‘’Where are you taking me?! Can I just have my phone please? I’m tired.’’

‘’It’s up in my hotel room,’’ Harry says while pressing the ‘up’ button.

He knew I was coming to get my phone yet he leaves it in his room? What an idiot.

Oh my god this elevator is taking forever. I’m going to miss my train home if it doesn’t hurry up!

*ding*

Finally! I step into the elevator with Harry. We both don’t say anything. Well, this is awkward.

‘’So what’s your name?’’ He says, finally breaking the uncomfortable silence.

His eyes pierce into mine. They were so green and captivating. I swear, I can feel his gaze making its way to my very soul. I really don’t like it, I feel somehow exposed. I quickly look away from his hypnotising gaze and stare at the interesting buttons on the elevator.

‘’Beth Anderson.’’

‘’Tell me about yourself Beth Anderson,’’ he asks and I don’t really want to talk to him. My personal life doesn’t concern him.

‘’Now’s not the time to play 20 questions Harry. I just want my phone back.’’

The elevator door opens finally. I am now walking down the hallways that always led to the worst nights of my life. I want to get out as soon as possible. Harry opens the door to the room for me and smiles to me. He has such a warming smile that I can’t help but return it. I take in my surroundings and I am surprised. I mean I’ve stayed at this hotel numerous times but never stayed in a room like this. The room I was familiar to had 1 bed, closet and bathroom. This was a whole new world. It had 1 massive bed, kitchen, lounge room, walk in wardrobe, the whole lot. But all the rooms have the same décor which brings back awful memories. We walk into the lounge room and I start to grow impatient.

‘’Can I please have my phone now?’’ I am practically begging as he nods.

He walks into the kitchen and comes back with my phone. He hands me my phone and our accidently hands touch. I feel a jolt of electricity run through my body before he drops it. Thank god it’s carpet.

‘’Shit sorry.’’

He hands me my phone again, successfully this time. I quickly grab it and turn it on.

‘’SHIT! For fucks sake, just my luck,’’ I groan.

Even though I hate cussing, I think it’s relevant in this moment.

(A/N Don't forget to vote!)