Chapter 28

Once the crowd can't see my face, tears fall instantly as I blindly walk off the stage. A pair of strong arms wrap around me from behind suddenly.

"Don't hurt me, please!" I say before turning around to see the culprit. "Shit, don't do that Harry! You gave me a heart attack!" I scold while playfully hitting against his chest.

"Beth you were amazing!" He says while lifting me off my feet into a long, tight hug.

"Thank you," I say with tear filled eyes while wrapping my arms him and burying my face into the curve of his neck. After the long embrace, he releases me and places me back firmly on the ground before realising the state I am in. Worry spreads on his face as he cups mine with his large hands. I instantly feel goosebumps rise on my skin despite the warmth of his palms.

"Beth what's wrong? Isn't this what you wanted?" He asks while wiping the stray tears away with his thumb.

"Yes Harry, it's all I've ever wanted," I say still sobbing, but quietly.

"Do you want to go somewhere private to calm down?"

Private? I thought we were already alone. I look around and see four cheeky grins; more people to see my cry, great.

"Beth that was incredible! Why didn't you tell us before?" Louis says while pulling me to hug him, which makes me extremely comfortable.

"Nothing to tell," I chuckle weakly and quickly release from the hug.

"Nothing?! That was way more than nothing, that was outstanding!" Liam exclaims while opening his arms out for me to hug. I have hugged more people today than I have in a lifetime.

All these compliments are so weird, but somehow assuring. "Thank you, it really means a lot," I smile into the hug.

"Beth," Harry tugs at my shoulder, "can we please talk? In private?" He asks before I get out of Liam's extremely muscular arms.

Ugh, the dreaded rejection speech. I haven't exactly had one before, due to the fact that I've never confessed my feelings before since I've only liked 2 guys, but I've seen it in movies and it doesn't seem very appealing. I mean it's not like I expected him to feel the same way back, actually I prefer it this way.

"Sure, let's go."

He grabs my hand and leads me to the same room we were in last time, or at least one that is identical to it. He sits us down on the couch in the same position as last time. Déjà vu.

"Why are you crying? I hate seeing you upset," he whispers while rubbing the back of my palm with his thumb.

"I'm not upset Harry," I chuckle, "I'm crying because I'm so happy." Out of my 1000 litres of tears I have cried in the last 3 years, I have never cried due to happiness. "I just wish... I wish she was here to see me you know? Live my dream."

"Who?"

"My mum." Woah, I have never told anyone about my mum passing away but those two words seemed to pass through my mouth with ease. Harry... he is just so easy to be around and the fact that I could so easily blurt things out to him makes me feel uneasy.

"I know that she was with you, right on that stage, in spirit. She would've been proud of you." I can feel the tears coming back again. I have never talked about my mum's death before, not with Jenny, Linda or even my dad.

"Thank you," I whisper.

Harry waits for me to calm down before continuing. "I listened to the songs like you told me to. And um... I think I understand but I don't want to say anything until I know for certain, just so I don't make a fool out of myself," he chuckles.