Chapter 47

Keith swiftly turns the handle on the white polished door of his bedroom and I honestly think my jaw drops below the ground. His bedroom is literally bigger than Linda's whole property and everything in it would probably sell more than it as well.

"We should get started, I need all the help I can get," he chuckles nervously.

He waves his hand, signalling me to follow him and we stride across the hardwood floor of his bedroom, to the oakwood desk adjacent to his large king sized bed.

"I'll go grab you a chair from my father's office, I'll be right back," he turns to walk out but I quickly stop him.

"Actually is it alright if I just sit on the floor?" I ask him and instantly receive a raised eyebrow from him.

"Uh, I guess so? But why would you do that if we have a perfectly good table right here?"

"I don't know. I just prefer studying on the floor." I don't know why, but I really do concentrate better on the floor.

"Okay... We can study on the rug. Itll be more comfortable."

We?

"You can stay on the desk if you want."

"Nah. How are you going to help me of your all the way on the floor?"

I shrug and make my way over to the large shaggy brown rug in between the couch and tv. Wow, Linda's house only has one ratty old couch while Keith probably has one on each room. I guess some people are really fortunate. And then there's me.

"Okay," he exclaims, clapping and then rubbing his hands together. "Let's get started."

I splay my Biology notes all over the floor and lay on my stomach with my feet in the air. Keith copies my actions. I'm not sure if he's mocking me or actually comfortable in that position. But with him laying so close to me, it's making this comfortable position less comfortable.

"Okay let's start from the first chapter and continue from there," I say and he nods.

-------------

"How can you not get it? We learnt all this stuff last year! It's the easiest topic out of all of it!" I stress and try to refrain from pulling my hair out.

We have been at this for almost two hours and have only gone through one and a half topics out of eleven.

"We did this at the start of the year so now I forgot it all. Maybe I should just give up, I'm rubbish at science anyways," he huffs, a frown on his chiseled face.

"Then why did you choose it?"

"Because all my other subjects scales my score down so I needed to choose one to scale up if I wanted the least bit chance to get into Univeristy. I guess since my dad is a marine biologist I thought it would be in my blood but obviously not," he smiles a lopsided smile.

"You shouldn't care about the score you get, you should do things that you love and the things you are good at."

"You say it like its so easy. So tell me what did subjects did you choose?"

He props his elbows up and rests his head of his palms, waiting patiently for my answer.

"Um..." I hesitate. Why the hell an I scared to tell someone my subjects? It's not going to hurt anyone. Yet I still feel weird talking to someone who isn't Jenny or Harry. "I'm doing psychology, biology, specialised maths, English and business."

"And you're telling me you have a passion for all those subjects?"

"Well no... I don't have a passion."