Chapter 9

My jaw dropped to the ground. Never would I have thought I would be in a 20 metre radius from One Direction. But there they all are, standing in front of me. Wow they all look so perfect. There was the blonde one, Niall. The one with the sleeve tattoo, Zayn. The one with a sweet smile, Liam. And the rough looking one, Louis. And of course Harry was standing beside them looking adorable as usual. Chuckles coming from their direction pull me out of my daze as I realised I was practically drooling. They were all pretty fit.

''Hi I'm -,'' Niall says before I interrupt him, saving their breath.

''Oh, I know who you guys are. Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louis,'' I say while pointing to each of them individually. ''I'm Beth Anderson.''

I send them all a friendly smile as they all return it back. They all look at Harry confusingly, obviously questioning my presence. He chuckles and gives them an 'I'll tell you later' look. They then continue their conversation with me sitting here awkwardly as usual.

''Are you ready to leave yet mate? We have to be at the airport in 2 hrs,'' Liam says to Harry.

''I just have to pack my bags and have a shower.'' Harry says while staring at his watch. That means he's going to be leaving in an hour and a half. I clear my throat and he turns his head towards me.

''Um.. I think I'm going to leave now. It was really nice meeting you guys,'' I say as give them all a 'goodbye' smile. I walk up to Harry to thank him once again but he surprises me and pulls me aside and into the hallway and accompanies me to the door. We reach the door, he turns to me and I notice a soft glint in his eyes that makes me want to keep staring at them.

''Beth, I'm sorry that I have to leave so soon. I feel awful and I was having a great time with you.''

''It's okay, I understand that you have to leave.'' Everyone eventually does. ''It was really great meeting you and getting to know you, the real you. Thank you for everything. You've been so generous which is crazy because you don't even know me.''

''I would really like to change that Beth. I was serious before, I really want to get to know you better. I'll be back on the 15th, maybe we could see each other again?''

Is he really still milking this 'I want to be friends' thing?

''Harry you don't have to do that. I know you're busy and you probably don't have time for someone like me,'' I say, knowing every word I say is true.

''I will always have time for my friends, please Beth. I really could use some real friends,'' he pleads.

''Are you sure you want to be friends with me? I'm warning you, I'm really weird,'' I say trying to lighten the mood while he nods like a maniac.

Maybe we could be friends, for the short amount of time he is in Melbourne. I know he will leave, everyone does, but this is different because I know exactly when he is leaving. I can prepare myself and make sure we don't become good friends. Just temporary friends; doesn't sound too tormenting. I could deal with being friends with him, as long as I don't get too attached.

''I would love to see you again. As long as I'm not interfering with anything.''

Once those words leave my mouth, a contagious grin appears on Harry's face, ''that's great!'' Nothing could take away my smile, ''do you need a ride home?'' Well that did it. My smile drops and I get anxious.

''No! It's okay! Really! I'm happy with taking the train,'' I say frantically.

''Woah, calm down,'' he chuckles, ''I'll call you when I'm back in Melbourne,'' he says while opening the door for me. I walk out and turn back to face him.

''Thank you again, for everything,'' I say sincerely. He shocks me and wraps his arms around me into a tight embrace.

''Bye Beth. I'll see you soon?''

I nod as I walk away. Wow. Those last 24 hrs seemed like such roller coaster. Saw the guy I like macking on another girl, ran into Harry Styles, lost my phone, turns out Harry found it, spent the night with him, had another nightmare, actually had a surprisingly good time with him and now he wants to keep in touch with me. What have I gotten myself into?

(A/N Don't forget to vote!)