Chapter 22

My palms start getting sweaty as we start to get closer to the auditorium. She doesn’t see how hard this is for me. Only Harry has ever seen this part of me -against my will - and I feel like I can finally let Jenny see and hear me too. I never thought I would ever willingly expose this side to me to anyone, but Harry helped me to become more confident even it was just a little bit. I have known Jenny for 3 years and I’m finally ready to let her into this important part of my life. Three years she has stood by my side and put up with my closed off personality and I think she deserves to see a piece of the real me. Even though I’m so scared about her reaction; I am ready - well, as readay as I ever will be.

We reach the auditorium and I can see Jenny getting confused. “What are we doing here?”

“Shh, you’ll see soon.”

We walk through the doors I motion for her to sit down. I sit next to her a let out a deep, shaky breath.

‘’This is really hard for me and I don’t think I would’ve ever done this if it weren’t for…. If it weren’t for Harry. This is really important to me and it’s my way of talking about my feelings. That’s why I always leave when we start talking about ‘serious’ things, and I come here to figure things out. It’s my way of dealing with my emotions, you know? This is a really big part of me and I’m finally ready to let you in.”

She still looks confused and I take that as my cue to get on stage. I climb on the stairs on the side of the stage, and walk towards the microphone. I tap on it with my finger to check if it’s on and it is.

I should’ve thought about what song to sing before I got up. I close my eyes and try to find my thoughts but all I can seem to see is curly hair and green eyes. My mind subconsciously chooses a song, so I go with it.

(A/N this is Bubbly-Colbie Cailatt)

‘’I've been awake for a while now

You've got me feelin' like a child now

'Cause every time I see your bubbly face

I get the tingles in a silly place

It starts in my toes

And I crinkle my nose

Wherever it goes I always know

That you make me smile

Please stay for a while now

Just take your time

Wherever you go

The rain is fallin' on my window pane

But we are hidin' in a safer place

Under covers stayin' dry and warm

You give me feelings that I adore

They start in my toes

Make me crinkle my nose

Wherever it goes

I always know

That you make me smile

Please stay for a while now

Just take your time

Wherever you go

What am I gonna say

When you make me feel this way?

I just, mmm

It starts in my toes

Makes me crinkle my nose

Wherever it goes