•38•

[[EDITED]]
Everyone was just in the library thinking about what was happening when they heard a knock on the institute door. Lauren looked at Max who shook his head "No, Lauren it could be anyone" Lauren ignored him and started to walk towards the door. Making a face, Max grabbed a blade and followed her.

They opened the door to see a man and a woman

They opened the door to see a man and a woman. "Hello" said the woman, "I'm Tessa and this is my husband Jem, were friends of Magnus'-he sent us to protect you guys because the whole situation has gotten a bit messy" Lauren stepped out of the way to let them in, she felt strangely familiar with the couple. "The library is this way" she said leading them through the long hallways of the institute, the couple and Max following her. When she got to the library she realised that she hadn't closed the door, "I'll be one second" she said, she ran and closed the front door. Sighing in relief that nothing other Tessa and Jem had gotten into the house.
Little did she know that something did. And that something was a bloodthirsty vampire. The nameless vampire followed swiftly behind Lauren into the library.
Once in the library the Vampire hissed. Causing the shadowhunters to turn, "Lauren" warned Max "Don't move" the vampire showed its pointy teeth at Max and lept for Jem. Lauren screened and ran in front of the stranger just in time.
The vampires claws slashed Lauren's neck as she blocked him from Jem, she young girl clutched her neck, blood dripping down her hands and arms.

Everyone gasped in horror