"How Did You Sleep...?"

When I woke up the next morning Calvin wasn't in bed next to me. Instead he was at his computer, still in his pajamas, working on a video.

Since he was still using his mic, I decided to keep quiet and just go into the kitchen to make him pancakes.

As I was cooking, I heard Calvin walk out of his room.

"Not even going to say 'good morning'?" He asked as he took a mug off the counter and took a sip out of it.

"You were recording. Didn't want to bother you. But good morning" I said, turning my whole body to him and gave him a smile.

"How did you sleep?" He asked.

"Um...." I didn't know if he knew that we cuddled. I don't know if he knew that I didn't pull away. How did we even wake up this morning. Were we still I'm the embrace? Or were we far from each other? "Good. How about you?"

"I slept...pretty good actually. I don't know what was different about last night. Maybe it was because I actually got double the sleep that I usually do"

"Yeah, that's what it probably was" I said, returning to the pancakes. Deep down, though, I kind of hoped that he slept well because of me in his arms.

What the fuck am I even thinking? Why would I want that? He's one of my best friends!

I sighed quietly. Maybe I did have feelings for him. I wasn't going to, and never did, deny that I thought Cal was extremely attractive, but I've never felt that way about him until I flew out here. Seeing him in person made me have a totally new perspective. He was adorable, but not in this cliche way. I was here for only two days, not even a whole two days, but I got to know him even better. And last night was the closest I've ever been to him. He was amazing. He was-

"FUCK EASTON" Cal yelled, bringing me back to reality.

I looked down at the pan and saw smoke. The pancake was pitch black, totally burned, obviously no longer for human consumption.

"Shit Cal I'm sorry" I said, heat rising to my cheeks as I grew embarrassed.

"It's okay....but are you okay...?" He asked.

"Yeah....I was just thinking..." I said, throwing the pancake away.

"About?"

"Uh, nothing important"