"Just Try To Sleep..."

We laid in bed. It was completely dark and the only sound that was present was the sound of our breathing.

I knew that Calvin wasn't asleep. He tossed and turned a little bit, trying to get comfortable.

I turned to face him. "Can't sleep?" I whispered.

"I'm not used to sleeping two nights in a row so it takes a while" he replied, his voice low.

I frowned softly. "Just try to sleep" I said.

He nodded and closed his eyes again. He got comfortable and slowly started to drift off to sleep.

It took him about 30 minutes to fully fall asleep.

I watched him quietly, as his breathing became even. I've never seen him more peaceful than he was right now.

I turned away from him and closed my eyes. I wanted him to have his personal space.

I felt his weight shift behind me, his arm wrapping around my waist.

My breathing picked up speed. I wanted to pull away but his touch was warm...comfortable...and for some reason made me feel all tingly.

I relaxed into his grip and smiled softly to myself. I haven't cuddled with anyone in months, and I forgot how nice it felt to drift off to sleep in someone else's arms.

I can't even remember how quick I fell asleep, hearing cal breathing in my ear as he moved his head to rest his chin on my head.