44

DIEGO P.O.V.

As I got ready for prom, I heard my mom talking away about her senior prom. She told my cousin this story before her prom. I had to listen that day.

"Your dad picked me up in a limo and literally had a staring competition with my dad. Then he was sweating because my dad was telling me about how much he would kill him if a little piece of hair went missing on my head. I tell you, your grandfather was a piece of work." She said laughing at her memories.

I turned and looked in the mirror as I fixed my bow tie. I closed my eyes as my heart hammered in my chest. I was nervous today and for no reason. I looked fine. I know I did. But just to be sure I turned to my mom.

"How do I look? Presentable? Sharp?"

Tears spilled down her face as she sniffled and dabbed at her tears. "No. You look perfect. Handsome. My boy." She said hugging me. I wrapped my arms around her as we hugged. I looked at my watch and my eyes were about to bulge out of my eye sockets.

"Shit. Mom I have to go. I'm going to be late." I said gently pushing her of me. She smiled and chuckled.

"Yeah and give her this for me will you because I know you didn't get her one." She said while smirking. I looked at the box. It was a corsage. I smiled and know that Lucia will like it.

"Thanks mom. I love you. See you when I get back." I jumped in my car and started it. I pulled out the driveway and sped down the street.

Lucia P.O.V.

As I looked in my small mirror I knew my makeup looked good. I looked at my dress that was sitting on my bed.

I got my hair braided in a nice up do and I loved it. My make up was done myself as Honesty wanted me to meet her at prom. When I heard a knock I ran down the stair with out shoes.

I expected to see Diego. But what I saw shocked me.

"MOMMA?! POPPA?!" I said. They're eyes were watery as they looked at me. I let then come in and I closed the door.

"Sí. Baby it is us."My father said.

"We want to apologize for what we did throughout your childhood. We just missed our eldest daughter so much we didn't know how to act. We threw out self into our work and forgot all about you. Lucia, I'm, no, were sorry." My mom said.

"You guys...." I said as I was about to cry.

"Dont cry. You don't want to mess up your makeup. You look beautiful sweetheart."My mom said.

"Thanks Momma. I forgive you guys. I missed and loved you guys soo much." I said hugging them.

"We have something to show you ." My mom said as she led me outside. There was a limo. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"Mom. I don't need one. Diego got one for us. Thanks but no thanks." I said. She smiled and shook her head.

"Baba. Go look at it." She said calling me by my Nick name. I sighed and a walked barefoot in my dress to the limo. I opened the door to see a girl with long thick brown hair, blue eyes and a beautiful baby blue prom dress looking at me.

"LUCIA?" She shouted to me. I had to blink and make sure I wasn't seeing things.

"BRITTANY." I yelled. I climbed out the car and decided to hug me. I hugged her tight as I she did the same to me.

"Man I missed you. You look so nice." I said smiling. She did look nice. She gained all her Weight back.

"No. You look better." She said. My mom then came and tapped me on the shoulder.

"Well you should go and get dressed so we can take pictures." She said. I smiled and ran all the way up stairs.

I slid on my dress and made sure my make up wasn't ruined. I made sure my hair read still right and by then I heard voices from downstairs. I stood at the top of the staircase.

All eyes were on me and I knew that I looked good. I looked around and gave a genuine smile to everyone. I walked down the steps and stopped in front of Diego.

"You look beautiful baby." He said as he kissed my cheeks. I smiled and heard a camera flash. I looked to see my mom taking pictures of us.

"You two look adorable. I haven't seen Lucia dressed up this good since her kinsenyeta." She said wiping away tears.

"I look good everyday." I stated making everyone laugh.

"Son, can I talk to you?" My dad asked Diego. He nodded and gave me a wide eyed look. I smiled as he walked away to a far corner to speak.

My mom left to use the bathroom, which left me and Brittany sitting there with my mom.

"You know, I tried calling Carlos but it kept going straight to voicemail." She told my when my mom left.

"Yeah about Carlos. He's been-"

"Hey so are we ready to go?" Diego asked as he buttoned his tux. I nodded trying to get out of the conversation I wasn't ready for. Brittany narrowed her eyes at me, and I looked away knowing that I'm gonna have to tell her the truth sooner than later.

"Yeah. Let's go." I said as I headed towards the door.

"Wait. Let's take some pictures." My mom yelled as we tried to head for the door.

"Not right now. We're almost late." I say as I grabbed my boyfriend's hand and tugged him our the door.

"Alright. Have fun." She yells to us.

We climb in the limo that was already here and make our way to school.

"Man.. this is about to be the rims of our life." I said leaning into Diego.

"Hell yeah. As long as I get to spend it with you. " He said kissing my head.

"Ok. Stop with the lovey shit."Brittany joked.

"How was rehab?" Diego asked. She shrugged.

"I hope you didn't expect it to be... fun. It was nice I guess. It was calm and peaceful. I got all my work done and decided to become a business woman." She said. I smiled at her.

"That's nice. I want to be a doctor." I said.

"Wow. I can't have you working on me." Diego said. I punched his arm. He yelped.

"Shit you hit like a boy." He said. I laughed and kissed his lips.

"But you love me." I said.