51

Lucia P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of something beeping. I heard hushed whispered around me and I smelled disinfectant and I scrunched my nose up. I'm in the one place I hate going.

Hospitals.

I opened on eye but got blinded with light so I closed it. I opened it again and let my eyes get used to the light. I heard squeals and I felt the bed rise. I looked at Brittany and I saw that her eyes were red, probably due from crying.

"Welcome back." She said to me.

"Water." I croaked and she nodded. She ran and grabbed a bottle of water and gave it to me. I drank it and thanked her.

"Why am I here?" I asked her.

"Well I'll tell you that Mrs. Fernandez." The doctor said.

"Im Mr. Lee, you may know my wife. She's you school, well used to be, principal." He said sticking out his hands. I shook it with the hand that didn't have the IV in it.

"May I ask why there is a IV in my hand. I thought it was better if it goes in the arm." I said pointing to the spot where my vein is seen.

"Well, when you were brought here we couldn't find a vein." He said to me. I nodded as he continued.

"So that brings me to my questions. He said. I nodded.

"Have enough ever had pain in your back or abdomen?" He asked me as the nurse came and checked my vital sign. I nodded.

"Mostly when I couldn't eat. I thought it was just because I was... sick." I said.

"And from a scale from 1 to 10 how bad was the pain?" He asked me.

"I say about a 7."

"Ok." He said writing it down. "Have you felt nauseous and have you been vomiting or dry heaving?" He asked.

"Yes. I have. Doctor?"

"Yes?" He said looking at me.

"Why did you asked me all these question?" I also him.

"You have cholelithiasis.". He said.

"Chole what?" Brittany asked.

"I have gallstones." I said to her. Her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion and I rolled my eyes.

"Their little stones in my gallbladder." I told to her. I turned to the doctor and asked-

"What's my options sir?"

"Well I can put you on cholesterol medicine or you can have a cholecystectomy." He said. I thought about it. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. So I chose the medication.

"Medication will be fine. I don't want to stay in here any longer." I said to him. He chuckled.

"Ok. I'll have the prescription ready for you by the end of the day. You can go. Here are your discharge paper." He said handing me papers. He left out and Brittany hands me clothes.

"Ok. You can change an I'll meet you outside." She told me. I nodded and got change. The nurse came and took the IV out my hand and left. I got dressed quickly and sat down on the bed.

"Knock? Knock?" Someone said. I looked towards the door and saw Honesty come in. My eyes grew wide and I back away.

"Go away." I told her. She stopped in her tracks and looked away.

"Did you not hear me bitch?! I said go away." I yelled to her. She started to cry and shout at me.

"PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN!"

"NO. I DON'T WANT YOU TO. YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND. MY ONLY FRIEND. WE DID EVERYTHING TOGETHER. EVERYTHING." I yelled back at her.

"You don't know how sorry I am." She said quietly.

"And I'm sorry that Bryant didn't didn't have the chance to beat you to death. Im sorry that I ever met you." I said to her. She closed her eyes and she stepped closer to me.

"Please tell me you don't mean that."

"Bitch. I mean ever fucking word." I said while walking past her and to the door. I put my hand on the knob and turned to look at her.

"Your. Dead. To. Me." I said. I pulled open the door and saw Brittany waiting for me. So was my mom and dad.

"Hi mom. Hi dad." I said while coming to them in a group hug. They hugged me tight and I settled in their arms.

"We're leaving." My mom told me.

"We're leaving to go back to the house right? The house here? In Miami." I asked her. My dad looked at my mom and then at me. He put his hands on my shoulder and smiled. A sad smile.

"No. We're taking you back to Seattle. You can get your doctorate degree and join the biggest hospital there. And become the best. We had think that here isn't good for you. So many things have happened. Do you want to come?"

I looked to Brittany. "Where will you go?"

She smiled. "Me and Carlos bought a apartment. I got a job. A good one. So does he. And I got accepted to The University of Miami School of Law." She said. I smiled and hugged her.

"I'll always miss you." I whispered in her ear. She laughed and rubbed my back.

"I'll always miss you too." She said pulling away. I looked to mu parents and nodded. Mom smiled and grabbed my hand.

"We leave tomorrow morning. Furniture is moving out and ee bought both houses do we can keep both ours and abuela's." She said to me. I smiled and thanked her.

Maybe moving back will give me a new start.

Diego P.O.V.

Sitting here drinking, I knew that I was doomed. I should've never dates Lucia. Should've stuck to being single. I slept with countless girls. They were nothing special to me.

But Lucia was. My subconscious thought. I closed my eyes and took another swig. No she wasn't. She wasn't.

Yes. She was. Linda is just another girl. Lucia was something more. Stop denying that. It said. I yelled and punched my head and screamed some more.

"She wasn't. No she wasn't." I said leaning back. My brain was bumping against my skull and I took another swig.

This bottle is you main problem. That, the weed and Linda. She's a bad influence. I told you that. You told yourself that. Why don't you listen?

"Why the hell are you still talking?" I asked.

"Wow. Your fucked up and just to prove it your talking to yourself." I heard Marcus say. I looked st him and rolled my eyes.

"What do you want? To give me a lecture too because I don't want to fucking here it." I say. He scoffed and sat on the bed.

"No. Just to ask one thing."

"That is?"

"Why?" He asked. I sat up.

"Because Linda is everything I need. She's beautiful and she can get high and stand her ground. That's why." I said.

"No true. You loved Lucia. She was the best thing that happened in your life. But you were paranoid. You were scared. So you decided to do something to her before she does something to you. And look where that got you? Sleeping with the whore." He said shaking his head. Hr got up and left.

"You might want to go say something to her now." He says.

"Wait. Why? Is she dying?" I said. He laughed. What's funny?

"No. She was let out the hospital today. But she's leaving tomorrow." He says and leaves. I sat back and let my eyes close.

Then they reopened.

What have I done?