9. A Passionate Morning... Or Noon

May Daniels.

"You bitch! My brand new shoes!" Cake face shrieked.

"Don't talk to her like that." Alex said quietly. His voice may not have been loud, but the threat in it was overwhelming. The woman shrank back in fear.

And I was in no mood to react. My head was swimming. Everyone was staring at us. That was the last thing I remembered before my vision blacked out.
---------------------------------------------------------

I woke up, feeling very comfortable and well...better than I deserved. I was lying on a huge king sized bed with soft grey sheets and plush pillows. Beethovan was humming softly in the background.

With great effort, I pulled myself into a sitting position. The room was huge! There was even a couch and rocker with a coffee table in between. And a large screen which is probably a TV.

Damn! Who needs a theatre? I could do a movie night right here! All I need is a large popcorn, some soft drinks and a scary movie.

There was a sound of a door opening followed by a deep, familiar voice. "You're awake."

Of course he's here. "Alex?" My voice was embarrassingly thick with sleep.

"Who else can it be?" Yep it's him. So I ignored that sarcastic question.

"Where's Jessie?"

"She is safe at her place. Eden drove her back."

At least she is okay. Never mind the fact that I would be too if she hadn't dragged me to the club in the first place. "Okay." I looked around to see if was day time yet. And deliberately avoided looking at him. The large window had a heavy curtain blocking the outside view. "What time is it?"

"Almost noon. Its Sunday. You've been out for quite some time."

I groaned and fell back onto the bed. "I'm guessing that I am at your place?"

"Yeah. Sit up now. Eat this." He held up the advil. "It'll help with the hangover."

"I don't have a hangover."

"Alright then." He walked over and flopped down beside me. The bed is huge, so why does he have to crowd me?!

"What are you doing?"

"Going back to sleep. I had long night too." Then he turned over to wrap an arm over my waist. Belatedly I realized that he was half naked. He was wearing a pair of sweat pants which hung dangerously low on his trim hips.

"Hey!" I protested weakly. "Hands off the merchandise!"

"You're lying on my bed. Literally in my merchandise."

"Fine. I'll leave then."

"No. Don't." Alex whined playfully. I was taken aback. Holy cow! He can be cute! "Stay please."

I tried to be firm and failed miserably. "Then behave."

"It's difficult to behave when I'm around you. Especially when you're lying on my bed wearing my shirt and nothing else."

Wait. What?

I glanced down and let out a squeak. True I was wearing his shirt which barely covered my bottoms. Probably somewhere while sleeping the material had rode up making my underwear well on display. Thank goodness I wore that blue lacy one. At least it's sexy. Wait...what the hell am I thinking?!

"You undressed me!" I could feel the blush on my cheeks as I covered myself with the duvet.

"I didn't really have a choice. The smell of vomit was all over you. So I ran you a bath. Don't worry I closed my eyes." He grinned cheekily.