46. Marry Me

Alex Kellen.

I sighed, irritated as yet another woman sat beside me trying to get me to talk. I attract women. That's no surprise. But lately its been a fucking pain in the backside.

"C'mon Alex." The nameless woman whined. "Let's go to my place. You don't have to worry. I won't tell your girlfriend." The blond snickered annoyingly.

That did it. I lost my patience when she mentioned my girlfriend. I grabbed my gun from my holster and slammed it on the table. The blond stared, wide eyed in fear, at my silver beauty for a quick second before scuttling away.

This time I snickered. At least she wasn't too stupid to ignore my wordless threat.

"Serves her right, man." The bartender chortled from behind the bar before placing my shot in front of me. "Women nowadays are hungry as vultures. It's a shame really."

"Not all women, Tom." I muttered before gulping down the drink. "There are some who are genuine."

"I guess... But I've yet to find a genuine woman in here." He waved his arm, gesturing the bar. It was a new place but the business was really good. The lights were dim, giving the place a calm serenity. The food is delicious and they have all kinds of cocktails to poison your blood. Its a place where people can chill after long day of work. Or in my case, whenever you need time alone to think.

"A double." I ordered another drink and leaned back on the chair, looking around at the surrounding. It was quiet like it usually was on weekday nights. But the place gets really packed on weekends especially when the band is scheduled to play. I avoided this place on weekends because of the crowd. But on weekdays, it was like my quiet sanctuary. May would love it too. She will probably love the patio overlooking the beach. The waves are quite a sight in the evenings. A perfect picture to capture in her canvas.

Damn! I'm thinking about her again. I grabbed the whiskey as soon the bartender placed in on the table and swallowed the contents in one shot. The amber liquid made me numb enough to sleep at night. Exactly what I needed.

"Another double?" Tom asked cheerfully.

I merely nodded in reply to the young boy and leaned back on the soft back of the chair as my eyes closed. So many memories had been bombarding me since this afternoon..since I saw her.

It really hurt, knowing that it was over between us. This afternoon confirmed it. She hadn't missed me like I had missed her. Her hatred for me was fucking obvious. Who wouldn't? Its amazing that she was even in her right mind after everything that I had put her through.

I would stop those mindless texts I had been sending her. I would leave her alone, set her free to live her life as she wanted. She deserved that more anyone else.

"Alex?! Man, have you fainted on me?!!" I opened my eyes to the bartender. "You okay there?"

"I'm fine."

"There you go." He served the drink. "Any of your buddies coming in tonight?"

My eyebrows rose at the chatty boy."My buddies?"

"Yeah, your brothers."

I shook my head. "Just me tonight."

The bartender, Tom looked over my shoulder. "Umm...They're here now..."

Letting out an low expletive, I turned around to see my favourite trio coming towards me.

"Can't I be alone for one night?" My teeth grinded hard in annoyance.

Eden shot me apologetic look. "Sorry dude. God knows what you'd do when you're drunk."

"Isn't it the perks of being a mafia boss?" I snapped. "I can do whatever the hell I want to do."