1. School Trip To The Park

May Daniels.

It took everything in my willpower to refrain from slapping that annoying bus driver. I had to constantly remind myself that my students are with me right here and slapping that fellow across his face will only encourage bad behaviour.

His name was Mr Rogers, our minibus driver. Probably in his late thirties and very friendly to my students. I'm a preschool teacher on an educational outing with five of my students between the ages of four and six. My students and I had eagerly anticipated this trip where we will simply walk, learn about nature and have small picnic-lunch.

Then, the driver came into the picture. But really? Was it so hard to look at my face instead of my chest when he spoke to me?

"And you don't have a boyfriend, Miss Daniels?" Did I forget to mention that he is very intrusive too?

"That's really none of your business." I snapped, my patience stretched to the maximum. But not as loudly for the kids to hear.

"Alright... Erm we are here...What time should I fetch you all back?"

"In an hour."

I marched out of the bus, determined to have a good time with my students.
---------------------------------------------------------

Obviously the best part of the outing was the picnic. All the walking made my students...and me ravenous. So the food disappeared within minutes.

"How long are we going to wait here?" Marianne, one my students complained. It wasn't surprising. Preschoolers are not well known for their patience.

"A few more minutes Marianne. Mr Rogers will be here soon."

"But I'm so bored!"

"Alright. Let's go explore until Mr Rogers arrive. Okay?"

"Okay!" My tiny students chorused in delight.

"Miss Daniels! Miss Daniels! What tree is this?" My youngest student called out in curiosity.

"It's a cherry tree, Robbie."

"Oompf!" That sound was so unexpected that I stood still for a moment unsure if my ears were playing tricks on me. A moment later another groan rang out painfully.

I whipped around to see where that horrible sound came from.

"P...please! I'll do anything!" A man begging?!

"Did you guys hear that?"

"Yes, I did!" Robbie exclaimed.

"Oh! Ahhhh!" That sound was well known. It was sweet little Marriane.

She was standing a few feet away, shaking and staring towards an isolated clearing. There were a group of guys standing near the trees. And my jaw dropped wide open when I realized what they were doing.

A poor man was tied to one of the trees as another tall man punched the hell out of him. Blood was dripping down from his nose and mouth, staining his shirt. There were three more watching, one bulky, one short and another slender.

They were all staring at us now and from where I was standing, I could feel that tall guy's fury.

Well too bad, because I'm furious too!

First that perverted bus driver and now this?!

The rogue as I thought him said something to his friends. A few minutes later Mr Bulky and Mr Slender approached us.

I pushed my students behind me just in case. Marianne too, who had ran to my side when the men started towards us.

"What are you all doing here?" It was the bulky guy who spoke.