24. Hot Reconciliation

May Daniels.

My head hurt like a bitch.

Then slowly my eyes opened. It was terribly disorienting. But a few minutes later everything became more focused. I gazed around trying to figure out what the hell I got myself into this time.

Okay, I was lying on a really comfortable bed which was ultra huge.

I was half naked. Just a t-shirt and an underwear.

My body felt very sluggish and heavy.

My ankle was in a cast different from what I previously had.

And... Yeah!

That fellow had drugged me! The nerve! I cannot let this go. Being a control freak is acceptable to a certain extent. But this! This is kidnapping!

When I see him again, I will have to give him a piece of my mind. No...that won't be enough. Add in a good piece of my sharp tongue too. Or maybe I should strangle him as well.

But first, I have stop lying down like a stupid damsel in distress. Which obviously I'm not. Though it took me more effort than usual to drag myself into a sitting position, I managed it. It had to be that drug.

The place was very bright and that hurt my eyes for a while.

Then I gasped. I was looking at an empty beach. From where I was standing...or well sitting, I could almost see through the crystal clear water.

This has to be the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life.

"Like what you see?"

I jumped, startled out of my wits. The view had stolen all of my concentration so much that I didn't hear the door open.

"Sorry." Of course he didn't look sorry at all. In fact he was trying and failing to hide his amusement.

"How are you feeling?"

I ignored his question and his gorgeous face. "Where are we?"

"My beach house."

"How come the beach is empty?"

"It's a private beach."

Of course the bastard had a private beach. I wouldn't be surprised if he had an private island too.

"I need you to tell me about Jethro Tannel."

I immediately stiffened at the mention of the bastard's name. My question came out as a snarl that obviously surprised Alex.
"Why?"

"Because he is a problem that I have to handle."

"No Alex. He is my problem. Not yours. I can handle my battles. Thank you for your concern." I lifted myself from the bed and tried to hobble to the washroom. Note what I said...tried...

Apparently my dismissal didn't please him at all.

"Not so fast." He pulled on my arm which made me jerk to a stop. Remember my ankle? Yes, that broken one, of course. It buckled under the pressure and I went tumbling down in a heap.

"Oww!"

"Shit! Sorry!" He tried to carry me but I pushed him off.  "Sorry! I'm so sorry!"

I struggled to keep the pain unknown. "I'm fine." I pushed myself up and hobbled on my good leg.

Alex was right behind me. "No you're not! You're in pain!"

"And you care?"

"Of course I care! I love you!"