You Lose Someone Close To You-Michael Clifford

Okay so back in February I lost my older brother, Derrick. It'll be 6 months without him on the 24th. The song I put up is a song that him and I used to sing together all the time in the car. It was also played at his funeral and right now was the first time I've listened to it since then. I bawled my damn eyes out. Also, the picture is of him and I when we were small. We were really close growing up even though we fought all the time. I went to see 5SOS on 8/20/16 and I cried because one, it's 5SOS. Two, Michael Clifford. Three, I knew I wouldn't be able to tell my brother when I got home because he wouldn't be there. My other brother didn't really care hearing about it because it has nothing to do with him. In all seriousness, if you are feeling down or going through something and you feel like you have nothing, don't be afraid to PM me. I promise to try to help in any way that I am able to. Like Michael said at the concert, "There is so much shit in the world," life is too short to be anything but happy.
-Shelby.

(Your P.O.V.)

This is fake. It has to be. There is no way in hell that my brother is gone. I quickly threw my shoes on and grabbed my phone and car keys before running to my car and speeding to my parents' house. I didn't care how fast or crazy I was driving, I needed to get to my brother.

Cops and sheriffs surrounded my childhood home making the entire situation more real. I threw my car in park and ran up to the house but the sheriff told me that it would be a better idea for me to stay outside.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"Ma'am, we don't fully know. We are trying to figure out everything we can." The sheriff put his hand on my shoulder after seeing the tears welling up in my eyes.

I whispered, "Is he dead? Please tell me he's not dead." I started shaking my head, not really wanting him to answer the question.

"Ma'am, he has been gone for a few hours when someone found him."

I fell to my knees as the sheriff tried to comfort me. My entire life has been flipped upside down. The guy I have looked up to all my life is dead. I will never hear his laugh or voice again. I'll never see his smile, the way his eyes lit up when he would talk about his truck. I'll never get to hug him again. I was sobbing just thinking that my brother's body is lifeless just inside the house.

My parents were in the front yard screaming out my brothers name. All I wanted was Michael. I know he's on tour but I can't handle this without him. I pulled my phone out and started pacing back and forth waiting for him to answer. What felt like hours later, he finally answered, "Hey babe, we're about to go on stage. Can I call you- wait are you crying? Baby, what's wrong?"

I couldn't speak for a few minutes. I tried to calm down enough to tell him the news but the tears wouldn't stop. I finally found my voice and muttered, "Michael, I need you."

"I'm right here, what do you need?" You could hear the other boys curiously asking what's going on but Michael payed no attention to them.

"No, I need you here. He's gone." My voice was raised slightly as I was trying to speak through the constant sobbing.

"Who's gone?" I could clearly hear the panic in his voice.

I took a deep breath as I fought back all my tears, "Y/B/N. He's dead. I need you."

I heard Michael grabbing some stuff and also heard the boys yell at him and ask what is going on but Michael never said another word until there was a loud slamming of doors. He was breathing heavily, probably from running, and he said into the phone, "Okay, I'm on my way to the airport. I'll be there in a couple of hours. Let me know where you are, okay? I love you so much. I'll see you soon."