•Chapter Eleven•

*Billie's POV*

Hearing quiet voices outside of the back room, I recognize Velvet's and hear her silent before starting to shout. She sounded angry and pissed. Surely Mike was the one to make her that way, he's always doing things to piss her off when I'm around.

Opening the door, Velvet has her arms crossed and turns around to see me.

"What are you two arguing about?" She rolls her eyes.

"Apparently Mike giving me a smoke isn't allowed. C'mon , Billie. One cigarette. I'm dying over here" I smile at him, proud of my best friend for not giving in.

"Sorry, kid. No can do. Behave" Closing the door, I could never mistake the look on Velvet's face when she was anxious for me to leave. She was giving me that look right now and Mike was avoiding my gaze.

Maybe he was sneaking her cigarettes. Big deal, a smoke wouldn't hurt her. Just as long as he's not sneaking her anything else.

*Mike's POV*

"What happens if Billie finds out, Mike?" I shrug even though I knew the answer.

Billie would disown me and I would be sorry that I ever got involved with her. I had feelings for Velvet, but Billie and the band were at stake. I liked being with her and listening to her and knowing that we had something there, but I don't know what I'd do if Billie ever made me choose.

"He won't find out" I assure her, more assuring myself than anything.

I didn't want Billie to find out. I wanted this to last and I wanted her to get something out of it. If Billie ever found out and we were forced apart, at least Velvet would stay with her good habits and not go back to her old ones.

"If I ask you something will you answer truthfully?" I nod, wanting her to trust me.

The question she asks makes my heart stop beating for a second.

"Do I already know that you'll pick Billie and the band over me one day?" Her eyes are serious, wanting me to answer her.

Telling her the truth seemed easy, but I couldn't get the words off my tongue.

Finally, I sigh and rub my eyes.

"That doesn't mean that I still wouldn't have feelings for you-" She crosses her arms, an eyebrow cocked. Pissed.

"That's not what I asked you. Tell me the truth. This isn't a game" I shrug.

"I'd just about have to, Velvet. You don't understand. If you were me, you'd get it. I'd have to pick Billie and the band over you" She nods slowly and sighs a little, running her fingers through the ends of her hair.

"I'd pick drugs over you..." Feeling almost hurt, she sighs and looks up at me.

"When the day comes where you finally have to decide, I'll pick my drugs over worrying about you. To be honest I probably wouldn't spend an ounce of my time worrying about you. I'd have my old life back and I'd be happy with it" Neither of us or smiling, the room is silent and we're both just staring at each other.

"Can't we just have fun while it lasts?" She nods slowly, tearing her eyes away from mine.

She's still silent and looking away from me, making me sigh.

"This isn't fun" She scoffs a laugh, looking at me briefly and showing the tears swimming in her eyes.

"Not everything is fun, Mike. But apparently that's all you want from me is fun. I don't want to be fun. I mean I do, but I just don't want to be some whore to you. I'm not used to this kind of thing. I know it's impossible for anyone to ever like me for who I am, but can you at least try?" She looked tired and depressed all over again and the thing is, I hadn't done a thing wrong.

"Don't act like that, Velvet. I like you for who you are and you know that" She shakes her head in disbelief.

"What do you like about me, Mike? What do I do in my life that makes you like me?" I play with the strings on my shorts and think positive.

"I like how you laugh. When you really laugh. And when you smile and cry. You don't want anyone to think you're still the same as you were growing up, but when you show your emotions I can still see you exactly the way you were before. That's what I like about you. I like it when you open up to me" She lets the tears drip onto her cheeks before leaning her head on my shoulder.

"I just wish we could tell Billie...Every time I'm around you I'm on constant watch for him and I can't relax. I'm so uptight about everything that it makes me sick" I nod slowly, understanding where she was coming from now.

"I'm glad you told me that" She sniffles, looking up at me with mascara stained cheeks.

"Why?" As if her problems amused me, i shake it off.

"Because I have a plan where Billie won't find out about anything and where we can be alone. You can relax and I can finally get some sleep" She looks confused and instead of thinking about it, she stands up and walks towards the door.

"You better be right" I raise my eyebrows, ready to follow.

"Aren't I always?" She shrugs, not facing me.

"The world may never know" I smile as she disappears and go over the reasons why my plan is foolproof.