•Chapter Twenty Five•

*Velvet's  POV*

"You're lucky. My ex boyfriend's never treated me that well. What's the story?" I shrug, smiling and greeting good morning to a family that just walked in.

Another girl takes their order and I look over my shoulder at Ann who was still waiting for an answer.

"I guess so. But there isn't a story. He's a nice guy and all...we just didn't work out" I knew right then as weight gathered on my chest that I was lying to myself again.

That's the problem with Mike and me. We did work out. We worked put great and everything between me and him was like some stupid fairytale. But I knew Billie would never except us and make both of our lives hell. It just wouldn't have been easy. And I missed my life anyways.

Leaving him was the only way I could get away from everyone who didn't understand me.

"What do you mean? It doesn't look like that much has changed. When Rob comes in and I kiss his cheek, that usually means that there was more coming his way later. Are you confused? Is that it? Do you regret it?" I sigh, picking up a group of plates to take out.

"I don't regret anything. I left for a reason, Ann. Mike's just a very..." She looks at me and i can't find the words to express him.

Instead I smile and sigh.

"He's just a great guy. So yeah, maybe I'm confused, alright? Just let me figure things out on my own" And I would. I'd figure things out.

She sends me a sympathetic smile and I walk out to serve my regulars.

This time around it seemed that they were my shrinks and they were great listeners.

****
*Mike's POV *

It's my first whole day alone without anyone hear and the silence was deafening.

I just needed noise and I was too lazy to plug my record player in.

The doorbell rings, and after standing preparing myself for Anastasia, it rings again quickly like a little kid excited to go to Grandma's house.

I consider letting her stand in the rain for another minute before answering the door, but I wasn't that cold hearted.

I hurry to the door and open it with a sigh, seeing Velvet with almost a curious look as she stands shivering with her hands in her pockets.

"H-Hey...can I come in? It's f-freezing out here" I nod, letting her come inside and not seeing her car in the driveway.

"Where's your car?" I close the door and she sits on the floor.

"Down the street. I didn't want anyone to suspect anything" Understanding, she takes her wet coat off and I throw a blanket around her shoulders.

"Why are you here?" I didn't say it in a mean way and she seemed to know that.

"Cause I missed you" She still shivers lightly, and I sit down next to her.

"You broke up with me, remember? Ex boyfriend's and girlfriend's aren't supposed to miss each other. They're supposed to hate each other. How am I supposed to believe that you really missed me, anyways?" She's silent for a minute.

"I'm here aren't I? Isn't that enough?" I nod, grabbing her cold hand.

"Yeah, it's enough" I wrap an arm around her and pull her into me.

"Can you just pretend that you never even saw me again when you're around mom and Billie and...everyone? I don't wanna be bombarded" I nod slowly but can tell that the urge to tell all of them is there.

"I won't tell" we're silent again, and she looks up at me.

"Did you miss me, too?" I touch her chin because she's so close, and she smiles with closed eyes under my touch.

"I missed you enough, that's for sure" She snorts a laugh and vibrates with silent giggles under me.

She was nervous.

I lean down and hesitate as my lips barely brush hers for a kiss I didn't know if I imagined.

*Velvet's POV*

They felt the same. His lips were still soft and tempting with that bit of roughness that could pull you back in for another kiss. 

I open my eyes and he looks down at me with a look of uncertainty. 

"Do that again" One corner of his mouth tips up slightly and I close my eyes again just before I get sucked back in to that little piece of happiness that came from his mouth being on mine. 

This time there was no gap between us like before. This time we closed it simultaneously, and pictures of before came spiraling into my mind as his hands rested on all the right places of my body. 

One was in the dip or curve of my waist, the other entangled in my hair. 

And then everything came flooding back all at once. All the memories, the good and the bad. All the real feelings that hadn't faded away and the relationship me and Mike had built together. 

It was enough to make my lips tremble, my eyes water, and my composure fail.

He held me like a baby as I sobbed like one, and when I pulled away with my tears stained face, I couldn't deny seeing the shine of wetness in his eyes that he wouldn't let fall onto his cheeks.

"Do you care if I stay?" I ask with a shaky voice, his smile shining brighter than his glassy eyes.

A laugh escapes him as he smiles and his eyes scrunch to let that one stray tear escape.

"I was going to beg you not to leave" 

I felt wanted all over again. Like nothing had changed. 

*Mike's POV*

****

I trace the delicate looking wings on her back with my finger, and follow every detailed feather slowly as she lays asleep in my bed next to me. 

The wings spanned her whole back, and I know that if they were real she would have flown away a long time ago instead of waiting to break my heart, she just would've vanished. 

The thought of her flying around town with tattooed wings makes me laugh out loud softly, and I silence myself as I try not to wake her. 

A smile comes to her lips in her sleep and I wonder if my laugh made her dream of me. 

I close my eyes and leave my arm draped over her as sleep begins to over take me as soon as my head hits the pillow. 

I screw my eyes shut at the want of having a future that looked exactly like this every night. 

HEY GUYS! WELCOME BACK TO THE STORY! JUST FOR SOME INSIGHT, I DIDN'T WANT THIS TO BE MOVING SO QUICKLY AS TO WHERE THINGS GOT HEATED, SO FOR THE RECORD, MIKE AND V DID NOT END UP SLEEPING WITH EACH OTHER THIS NIGHT. THE WHOLE TRACING OF THE TATTOO THING WAS JUST A THING BETWEEN THE SCENES WHERE MIKE HAD PROBABLY ASKED ABOUT THE TATTOO. ALL THE OTHER CLOTHES ARE ON PEOPLE! JUST SOME INFO FOR THAT, STAY COOL!