•Chapter Twenty Two•

*Mike's POV*

"Babe?" Hearing Anastasia's call, I open my eyes and stare ahead at the television as she brushes her hair in the bathroom.

"What?" I rub my hands over my face and realize that I needed a shave. If I went any longer without shaving then I'd have a beard by tomorrow.

"See, that's what I'm talking about, Mike. And I have the perfect solution" Thinking that I must've missed something she said, I look through my fingers before lowering my hands, watching her as she leaned in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I narrow my eyes, confused as she throws an irritated hand out.

"You do it all the time. You're always so grumpy, or depressed or something. Maybe it's just me, but every time i even ask for you, you seem so put out. Look, I'm not mad I just don't want you to be all cooped up in this house all day" I smile, playing with the strings on my sweat pants.

"I'm not. I have a job that gets me out of the house" Oh how I loved my job.

"Anyways, that being said. I want us to have some fun. You know, like we used to. I hear there's a party going on Wednesday. There's supposed to be a lot of people there" My eyebrows raise at the idea of alcohol.

"Where?" She shrugs, beginning to brush her hair again.

"In Rodeo. I used to work with this guy, Derek, and he invited me. He said I could bring you along" Maybe if I did go I could lay Anastasia off on him and they'd fall helplessly in love with each other.

"Okay, let's do it. Wednesday" She nods with a smile, confirming it.

"I knew you couldn't resist a party with me" She kisses my cheek and I chuckle to myself.

"A party. That's all" She hears me mumble and turn to look over her shoulder.

"What?" I close my eyes again and sigh.

"Nothing. I just said I couldn't wait"

****

*Velvet's POV*

I had rushed to get my hair curled in time to make it to the party. Only having half an hour after work to get myself presentable meant having to fix myself up in the car.

I blink on some mascara and adjust the hoop in my nose before flipping the guy behind me who honked with my middle finger.

Derek's house comes into view soon enough, and even if I didn't know what it looked like, the million cars outside were enough.

Seeing a spot open right in front, I shift the car and step on the gas, ready to pull in.

A truck blares it's horn and I stomp on the brake as it takes my spot and the driver yells incomprehensive words.

"Learn how to drive, cock sucker! God dammit, what a bitch!" I'm angry as I have to drive around the house four or five times to find another spot.

If I ever found the person who took my spot I swear to god I'll...do something. That's for sure.

Walking in to the beat of the bass pounding through the speakers, Derek quickly finds me.

"V! You made it! How do you like your tiger?" Derek swings an arm around me and I sigh at the nickname.

"I love it. He's cool, you know. I'm surprised you actually remembered" He gives me a smile that's more than polite and shoves a beer into my hand.

"C'mon, I have some friends I want you to meet"

Oh, great. More guys who will get overly attached. Can't wait.