•Chapter Thirty Four•

****Mike's POV****

I woke slightly when Velvet left me, and I woke slightly when she came back to me, her warmth spreading over me and creating an easy feeling.

She seemed calm as she laid her head on my shoulder, something I was used to.

She rubs her cheek against mine in a way that showed she needed me. These things She did, the way she hugged me sometimes, or held my hand tighter than usual made me know that she needed me sometimes, that she couldn't always be strong.

"How are you feeling?" My voice was raspy from the early morning. I loved this time of day, when the dew was still on the grass, it was foggy outside, and the chilly morning air came through your window, giving you goosebumps.

I open my eyes now, looking at her natural face as she pulled away. This is how I liked her the best, too. When she had messy bed head and her plain eyes. No makeup.

"Fine" Her eyes go back and forth between mine, and she smiles a sleepy smile at me.

My heart sunk a little, and my stomach slightly panicked. I kept my cool on the outside, swallowing with a dry throat before clearing it.

"Anything new?" She closes her eyes, something I didn't like when I asked serious questions. I liked to see her eyes and know that she wasn't lying to me.

"Nope" Her lips make a pop sound on the 'p', and I'm quiet as I lay next to her, her eyes opening again.

"Are you sure?" She sighs, sitting up with her back to me.

"All I know is, you're a very lucky guy" And then the heavy world is lifted off my shoulders, and I can feel my stomach growling.

But why was I the lucky one? Or was the meant to sound how lucky she thought she was not to be carrying my baby?

I guess I'd just have to accept that answer.

"Breakfast?" She asks, pulling on a hoodie over her tank top.

I nod, crawling out of bed to follow her and her smile to the kitchen.

"So...anything new?" Velvet asks, standing on her toes to grab one of the many boxes of blueberry pancake mix.

I run a hand through my hair as I dodge around her at the stove, starting to make some coffee.

"We're playing a gig at Gilman today, didn't Billie tell you?" She rolls her eyes, scoffing.

"Billie never tells me anything. Why are you playing there, anyways? That was a long time ago..." She turns to look at me with crossed arms "You guys are above that now"

I sighed to myself. As far as I'm concerned, I would never be above Gilman. Gilman was my second home growing up, I couldn't just forget about it.

"It's nothing permanent...they just asked us to play a show. So we obliged" She raises her eyebrows before going back to making the pancakes.

I wondered what it would be like for Velvet to go back to Gilman. As far as I knew, the last time she was ever there was when she was thirteen to watch us play. She was our number one fan back then, but I wasn't so sure if she still was. A lot of stuff had changed.

"You're our number one fan, remember? You'll be there?" She pauses at the stove before turning and giving me a small smile.

"I'm your number one fan, Mike. But I'm not so sure yet, as you remember me and Gilman don't mix well" I didn't remember, but something inside of me told me that I should.

As if knowing I didn't remember, she speaks.

"The last time I went there I had something slipped in my drink and came home without my virginity. But what do I have to lose now, right?" She sends me a glance over my shoulder, and I look down at the grain in the table.

I wasn't going to agree with her. Just was just going to stay silent, my best choice for where this conversation would lead to.

"Your coffee is done..." I get up, grabbing myself my favorite morning drink as she played some pancakes for me, handing them to me with a smile.

"Enjoy. I'm gonna go grab a quick shower" She walks by me, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"I'll be there supporting you, Mike. Don't worry. I'll always be your number one fan" And the depressing mood was lifted, where all I had to do was look forward to my show and having her watch me.

Having her look at me with that proud look in her eye.