•Chapter Forty Seven•

****Velvet's POV****

Billie begins writing notes down on paper, stopping every few seconds to stop and change something.

I sit criss cross on the floor, watching him and writing words down in my notebook every so often.

Billie had been practicing some notes on his guitar, and half of it was already written before he ever asked me to help him with the song.

Finally, as I had started to doze off on the floor, Billie makes a final revision of his notes paper. His guitar notes were finished.

I frowned as he asked for my notebook. I only had a half a page down. I wasn't a mastermind like, Billie. Things for me took time. I'm almost embarrassed as I let him take it out of my hands.

He reads it out loud. I want to cringe.

"A thought burst in my head, and I need to tell you, it's news that I forethought. Was it just a dream, that happened long ago? I think I just forgot. Well it hasn't been the first time, and it sure does drive me mad. That's when I say, there's a boy who fogs his world and now he's getting lazy. There's no motivation and frustration makes him crazy. He makes a plan to take a stand but always ends up sitting. Someone help him up for he is gonna end up quitting..." Billie looks up at me and I feel my cheeks burn.

"I know it's pretty lame, but...I don't know what I was thinking" That's when a smile spreads on Billie's face.

"Lame? You think this is lame?" He shakes the book in my face, causing me to smile a little.

"This is great, Velvet. Put it to my notes and..." He looks at me.

"Another part and we'll have a song" I sit while Billie begins testing out my words to his music.

It takes him a few tries and about an hour or two, but finally, I get to hear the result of something...new.

"Do you want to write another part? Or should I?" I stand up, pointing at him.

"It's all yours Billie. My mind is tired and worn out already" Billie stands with me, his guitar around his shoulder.

I stare at blue and begin to think of my father. The look on Billie's face that morning. I look away quickly.

I wouldn't cry over him, not now.

But yet my eyes get teary and I smile through them.

"What do we call it?" I ask curiously, wondering about a title for our new found song.

Billie smiles for a second.

"What about..." He glances around the room, as if a few guitars, a notebook, a couch, and me were gonna spark something great.

"What about "Who wrote Holden Caulfield?"" I narrow my eyes at him, thinking.

I nod.

"It fits" Then something unexpected happens. Billie moves towards me with a gesture I wasn't used to. He wraps his arms around me, something called an embrace. Or a hug.

It felt strange at first, but as I felt Billie relax into me, I gave way. My outside barrier from him broke a little more, this time sending that wall crumbling to pieces at my feet. I hug him back.

It's a tight hug, and thoughts about my father come back. I wonder if he's forgiven me. If he's forgiven Billie. I imagine him smiling down at us, clapping for his two pride and joys. Dad of course, never had a favorite. And neither did we. It was tough to say who loved Dad more, me or Billie.

Hot tears roll down my cheeks and my chest tightens and thrusts forward for the oncoming sob I had fought for so many years.

"Oh, Velvet. It's gonna be okay..." Somehow by the tone of Billie's voice, he knew my thoughts.

Maybe Billie was thinking about him too.

Billie's white shirt is now wet and smeared with my mascara. My tears were far from stopping.

They had only just begun.

Billie sits us down on the couch, and he holds me while I cry. It was obvious that both of our barriers had just crumbled to pieces. Not just mine. His too.

****
****Mike's POV****

I wake from my slumber, cold and alone. Velvet wasn't there to accompany me like she always was.

I get up, take a loss, and walk out to find Addie cooking pancakes for the boys.

"Morning, Mike. Sleep well?" I nod at her.

"Yeah, fine. Have you seen, V?" Addie looks around, her eyes as curious and confused as mine.

"Last I knew she was helping Billie with that song. Come to think of it, Billie didn't come to bed last night either. Maybe the music room?" She suggests, giving a half shrug my way.

V and Billie together? In the music room, writing a song? I must've missed something.

"That's weird. I remember him saying something about that, though. I thought it was just a joke" I sit at the island, only for a second so I can grab a drink of coffee.

"Pancakes? I have a few extra. They're blueberry" I shake my head, then second guess myself.

"I'll take them to, V" She smiles, chuckling.

"Good idea, that'd make her morning" Addie plates the pancakes and hands me the syrup.

I thank her then quietly trudge down the hallway to the music room.

I press my ear to the door. No arguing. No music. No sound whatsoever.

I open the door slowly, and the sight I see almost makes me break out into laughter. A smile accompanies my face.

Billie and V sit on the couch, both of them sleeping soundly. Billie had V in his arms, holding onto her in a protective kind of way.

Velvet's cheeks are tear stained and Billie's white shirt has remnants of her mascara. Must've been quite a night.

I set the pancakes down on the side table and hear Addie walk on behind me.

She gasps and takes out her phone, snapping a picture.

"Memories. This is so blackmail" I chuckle at what she says and pick up a notebook on the floor.

Who wrote Holden Caulfield
By: Billie Joe and Velvet Armstrong.
A thought burst in my head and I need to tell you. It's news that I forethought. Was it just a dream, that happened long ago? I think I just forgot. Well it hasn't been the first time. And it sure does drive me mad. That's when I say there's a boy who fogs his world and now he's getting lazy. There's no motivation and frustration makes him crazy. He makes a plan to take a stand but always ends up sitting. Someone help him up for he is gonna end up quitting.

"This is...nice" I look over at Addie, letting her read it.

She smiles afterwards.

"I guess they worked pretty hard. They make a great team when they're not hating each other, you know?" I smile and we both just take in the sight.

At that moment, we knew a lot was changing. A lot had already changed. This was new.

A CHAPTER FOR MY BEST BUD!! HOPE THIS IS EVERYTHING YOU WANTED! Punkxxass