•Chapter Eighteen•

"Not here, Mike" Velvet breathes as she makes her way onto my lap and runs her hands down my chest.

"Then stop" I whisper, pulling away so she can think about what she really wants.

It was dangerous. We were at her place in her room and the door didn't have a lock. Even worse, Ollie knew I was here but she thought I was downstairs with Billie. Little did she know, Billie left to spend the night with his girlfriend and I snuck up here to be with mine.

"I don't want to" She sighs, placing her lips back on mine and resuming where we left off.

It was only ten o'clock and Ollie was likely still awake downstairs watching TV.

But these were the risks you took when you loved someone one as much as I loved Velvet.

Our lips, swollen from kissing leave marks on each others necks and collar bones.

She runs her hands down my chest and the button on my jeans could've popped on it's own if she hadn't gotten to it first.

I take her clothes off, and she does the same to me before easing down onto my lap.

When me and Velvet were together, it's like everything else around us was absolutely oblivious. All that we knew were the sound of each others names rolling off our lips, hot whispers and the feeling of our own bodies mixing together.

I grab her hair in my fist as my body shudders and trembles against hers. I cover her mouth with my own in order to silence her as she begins to fall and break apart.

Our bodies shake together, and she whispers my name as she leans her forehead against mine, sweat rolling down my nose and making the ends of my hair wet. Her body had a shine of sweat barely covering her skin.

"Have you seen..." Velvet looks back at the sound of Ollie's voice, and I close my eyes to try and block everything out.

The sound of a door closing is the only thing I hear.

My eyes open and Velvet tries to convince me that everything will be fine.

"It's not like she's going to tell anyone, and me and you are adults. Mom will understand, I promise" The words themselves weren't convincing, and the way her voice shook and her eyes watered didn't help either.

I prepared myself for a goodbye that I was certain I would have to use later.

****

A kiss on my cheek wakes me up, and my eyes open to see Velvet sitting on the floor with a plate of blueberry pancakes.

"Morning...are you hungry?" She holds up the plate, and I close my eyes as I sit up, unaware that I had spent the night.

Looking down, I'm relieved to see myself in my jeans. I'm relieved to even see myself in one piece after what Ollie had witnessed me doing to her daughter.

"Me and Mom talked this morning. She said she would've rather found out a different way, but...she's okay with you. Well, me and you. She promised not to tell Billie..." Opening my eyes, Velvet blushes and looks down at the plate of food.

"She likes you, Mike. She said you were one of the good guys, but she didn't appreciate us keeping the secret from her" The wight on my chest lifts and I let out a relieved sigh to know that Ollie wasn't going to disown me.

"We should've been smarter than to do that last night, V" She raises an eyebrow.

"You should've stopped me" There's a battle between our eyes as we continue to have a stare down.

"Did you put my jeans on?" She nods, giggling.

"Not the easiest task, but it was possible. Are you hungry or not?" She motions to the plate again, and I join her on the floor as I take the syrup out of her hand and indulge in our pancakes.

Doing this sent me back to the times when we were kids.

Me and her would sit on the floor, right here, enjoying our favorite breakfast, and she would feed it to me. Always purposely getting syrup on my face, just like she did now.

Giggling together, we enjoy our breakfast and I sit wondering if Ollie would stay true to her word.