•Chapter Twenty One•

*Mike's POV*

*Four Years Later*

If something so tragic could happen, I figured that anything could happen, really. 

Maybe one day Velvet would show up on my doorstep in the pouring down rain and we'd have this big dramatic kiss. It could happen. 

I knew it could.

But it hasn't. Not yet anyways. 

"What's wrong, baby? What's on your mind?" Anastasia curls up next to me on the couch and rests her chin on my shoulder, making me look at her.

"I think I'm coming down with something. You know how the rain makes me anyways. I always get tired when it rains" It was a lie. I didn't get tired when it rained.

I got depressed when it rained. I remember when I used to love it. And now I tell myself that after four years, I've moved on from Velvet. And then it rains and I think of her. And I think about the day she left me and left her mother crying in my arms while Billie later rejoiced at the announcement of her departure.

And the truth is, I don't even know if I have feelings for Anastasia anymore. I hooked up with her right after Velvet left and it was great. Me and Anastasia have great memories together and I do have some kind of feelings for her. I care about Anastasia, but not the way I cared about Velvet. Anastasia is more of a friend that I needed to help me get past all the bullshit I was feeling. 

But she loves me. She tells me she loves me everyday and I've never said it back. She doesn't even know Velvet exists, let alone the relationship I had with her. I tried forcing myself to love her. I've taken her to Ollie's and introduced them, I've introduced her to Billie and Tre and all of my friends.

They all think she's the girl I'm going to marry one day. And the pressure makes my head spin every day. 

I just wanted Velvet back.

*Velvet's POV*

"Tell the DJ to turn it up!"

"I'm so fucking wasted!"

"Wanna go upstairs?" I blink a few times to get rid of some of the blurriness in my eyes, and hold tighter onto the guy's shoulders in front of me.

I rub my forehead and close my eyes for a second.

"Does this place even have an upstairs, Ryan?" The guy chuckles close to my ear and sends a shiver down my spine.

"My name's Derek, remember? You couldn't keep your hands off of me a while ago..." The Derek guy bends down and the tip of his nose touches mine as he looks into my eyes and I tell him to stand still.

"I am still, babe. What'd you take? What are you on right now?" I close my eyes and the people laughing and partying around us slowly fades in and out.

"Ugh..." I rub my forehead again as if to conjure up some memories from earlier.

"Coke...and I think I smoked some pot" I open my eyes again to see Derek smiling at me and I force one of my own.

I felt incredibly tired. I hadn't slept in two days and I just needed a bed.

"This is you're eighth beer, babe. C'mon, I'll find us a room" I let him drag me upstairs, and I trip on a few steps that wake me up until he leads us into some kind of room that had a couch and no people.

I lay down on my back with my eyes closed and try and let sleep overtake me as he unbuttoned my pants.

"You know what I want right now?" He reaches up my shirt to take my bra off, only to realize that I'm not wearing one and I giggle at the contact.