•Chapter Fifty•

This is the last chapter of No One Knows. First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has supported this book,who has supported me as an author/writer. Everyone, a huge thank you! This book means so much to me and I'm sad for it to end, but this has always been my plan and I hope you all have loved the emotional ride as much as I have. I will say that I'm considering a second book, but I'm not sure yet. There's still some planning to be made and I've got some ideas. Thank you all again, especially Prickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk who has helped me and supported me so much. Now for the last chapter. Enjoy!

****Velvet's POV*****

I stare deeply at Mike and close my eyes as I lean my forehead on his. His eyes were so serious, so full of love, so full of...Everything that I couldn't put into words.

"Velvet..." I pull away to look at him again, my heart beating quickly.

Somehow I just knew that whatever he was about to say next was something...important. Something life changing.

I chew on my lip and he chuckles, smiling at me.

"You already know don't you? Don't you?" He asks, his hand on my arm.

I feel my cheeks burn and I wrap my arms around him. I hug him tightly and close my eyes shut until they hurt.

He rubs a hand along my back and kisses my shoulder.

"Do you remember when you were just a little girl and you told me that your favorite color was blue. But not just any blue. It was-" I pull away from him to look into his eyes.

"Royal blue. Royal blue is my favorite color" He nods and shoves his hand into his pocket.

I feel like I'm in a movie, like I want to hide my face and peek through my fingers.

He smiles a-matter-of-factly at me.

"Did you know that I have never, ever, seen a royal blue engagement ring? Ever! Took me months, had to go to five different jewellers just to find the right stone. Then I had to get it set in the ring. Well, first I had to pick out a ring, too. Then have the ring set and-" I wrap my arms around his neck and crash my lips into his.

I pull away from him and look down as he pulls the ring out and flips the lid on the box.

I think my heart stops for a minute, and tears come to my eyes at the sight of the beautiful ring. It was unique, made just for me.

How could I deserve such a thing? How could he love me so much?

I always thought I would never find that right person. That I would never grow up or have a family. I would never get married.

Yet here I am watching my boyfriend get off the couch and kneel down next to my child's crib.

I want to cover my ears, close my eyes. I want to jump up and down with excitement and jump on him. Yet I want to stay where I am and just cringe from what I thought would never happen.

"Velvet, will you marry me? I mean, I know I'm no Holden Caulfield, but will you settle for second best?" Tears spring to my eyes and I giggle as I wipe them away.

"How could I say no to that offer?" I sniffle and hold my hand out.

Mike smiles up at me and slips the ring on my finger. I stare down at it, my heart racing as he stood up and wrapped his arms around me.

He had to lift my chin up to take my eyes off of the ring. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck as we kiss.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes. A thousand times yes, Mike. If you asked me a million times my answer would never change. I love you" He smiles at me and connects our lips again.

"I'm glad to hear that, especially when I spent all that money on your ring" I lightly slap his shoulder before smiling into our kiss.

Mike wraps his arms around my waist and I know that I could never imagine being with anybody else.

Now I wouldn't have to think like I used to. I wouldn't have to think that now, I knew I wouldn't have to lose him.

So I hold him tighter and let him know exactly what I think.

When we part we're breathing heavy, and the most beautiful thing you ever could hear fills my ears.

A cry belonging to the thing I treasured most calls me over to the crib.

My ring sparkles in the light as I life Holden out of his crib and smell the problem rather than see it.

I watch as Mike changes a diaper and we gaze at each other lovingly.

Holding our clean baby, I press a kiss to his teary eyes and cradle him in my arms.

I look up stoke and smile. We kiss and all of us stand with each other.

"Another thing you should know..." I kiss his cheek and stare deep into his eyes.

"This is everything I've ever wanted..."

~The End~