•Chapter Forty Five•

It's freezing in Cleveland, snow is everywhere and it's beautiful. I had never seen snow in my life, so this sight was beautiful.

What wasn't beautiful was stepping out in it and freezing my ass of as Addie walked me and the boys into a dress shop.

The guys were playing at the rock and roll hall of fame, an opening act for a band I forgot the name of. Their performance would only last about twenty minutes, but they were stoked. A chance to play at the hall of fame meant you were big enough to be considered, to be noticed, to be FAMOUS!

And I was good enough to be Mike's date. I chuckle to myself as Addie leads us into the dress shop, letting Joey run around and look at the tiny dresses for little girls. He started making fun of them before asking when he and Jakob would get their tuxedos.

"Soon, Joey" Addie replies, walking me into the back as she holds Jakob on her hip.

"So, Mike and Billie said something nice. Something formal, but eye catching" I nod, chewing on the inside of my lip.

"I haven't worn a dress in a long time. I doubt I still wear a four" Addie laughs with me and makes eyes at my growing stomach.

"Considering you're five months pregnant, I'd disagree with that statement also" I smile a little, running my hand over my stomach and sighing as Addie led me over to a section of dresses.

I barely pick through them as she seems to know what she's doing. She continues for a few minutes before pulling out a black dress, simple, but yet elegant. I knew as she held it up and smiled that she would look beautiful in it.

"Go put it on" I urge, taking Jakob from her so she could do so.

She's out in five minutes, and she looks absolutely beautiful.

"You look hot!" Addie laughs at me and runs a hand nervously through her hair.

"Do you think Billie will like it?" I smile, nodding.

"Billie will love it" Her cheeks turn pink and she looks in the mirror one more time before taking it off.

"Now to find one for you" I wave a hand.

"Eh, I won't be disappointed if I don't find one. I'm not much for wearing dresses. Especially when nothing fits right these days" But we look anyways, and I get tired quickly.

After almost an hour of "try this" and "try that", Addie holds up a soft looking white dress, the flowy bottom fading into blue.

"What about this?" She holds it up and a smile comes to my face.

"You have to try it on, Velvet. That smile gives you away" I sigh like I don't want to.

"Fine, I'll try it on. But I'm not making any promises" She squeals as she hands me the dress.

I walk into the fitting room and she'd my clothes, staring at myself in the mirror before putting the dress on.

I hadn't looked in the mirror for a while, at least not one that showed more than my face and neck. I looked more pregnant than I thought I did.

My stomach wasn't huge, but it was large. No wonder it had been taking up so much space. A faint line started at the space between my hip bones and traveled up the path to my belly button and farther.

I've only had three checkups with different doctors, people who agreed to give me exams on such short notice. I knew it was healthy and that I was eating right. I also knew that "it" was now considered a boy.

Addie laughed at the news this morning, wondering if there would ever be a girl out of the jumble of scattered boys.

I told her I didn't think so.