Competition

Today was competition for ALDC and I wanted to make people proud. I did my solo first and then it was the group dance.

After it all we sat on stage infront of the judges. They call out all the Winners. "The solo over all winner is contestant 78 Rylee Dallas." The announcer says. I was full of shock as I stood up and walk to the announcer. They handed me a trophy. "We heard you are new, can you tell us who you are with?" The man asked. "Abby Lee Dance Company!" I say loud enough people can hear. I hear Miss. Abby cheer as I go to sit down. I won my first solo my first week, this might be the start of a good year for me. We won the group too. I made new friends this week. Kaloni still doesn't like me. My best friend is Kendall, we are so much alike and she is so fun. We go back to the dressing room. "Can we have a round of applause for Rylee one more time?" She asked happily as everyone claps. We are on T.V now. And my mom is here. "I don't think this is fair." Kaloni says. "What Kaloni?" Miss. Abby asks. "She gets a solo her first week. She doesn't deserve it." She says. "Well Kaloni. If you haven't noticed your new teammate is the 'new' Maddie." Miss. Abby says. "Miss. Abby. I'm not the new Maddie, no one can replace her. I know you say everyone can be replaced. But Maddie and Mackenzie can't." I say confidently. "You are right Rylee, you are better, your back is always straight and your feet is always pointed. You eat, breath, live dance." She says. I just nod that's all I can do. Kaloni gives me bad looks as Kendall comes up to me. "Just ignore her. And you are right, you aren't Maddie. Maddie was my best friend, I should know. But now guess what?" She said. "What?" I questioned. "She is my old solo partner, your my new one and my new bestfriend." She said with a smile. "Thank you." I say.