Part I: Chapter 1 - Meet My Cousin

October 21, 2013

Part I: Chapter 1 - Meet My Cousin

(Y/N) was on the couch, reading The Maze Runner while waiting for Catherine, her best friend, before they went to their swimming lessons. She was almost at the end of the first book and was excited to read the others. The entire book series was given to her from her aunt, who was more of a mother than her own.

"(Y/N)? May I have a word with you?" Catherine's mom asked. (Y/N) nodded and placed down her book. "Well my husband and I are going to a business trip for the next two weeks and we'll leave tomorrow. Catherine's cousin is going to watch her for two weeks," she explained.

"Oh ok," she nodded.

"I just wanted to give you a heads up," she said.

(Y/N) nodded again and continued on reading her book but she stopped when she remembered that Catherine has a swimming meet next week.

"Wait next week?" She asked.

"Yes dear why?" Catherine's mom asked.

"Next week is Catherine's swimming meet. You won't get to go?" She asked.

(Y/N) saw as Catherine's mom frown as the thought came into her mind. "Yes. It was all a shock but we had no choice. We needed to go to this business trip. Catherine understands. We already told her."

(Y/N) nodded and continued reading her book, waiting for Catherine.

After a few minutes, Catherine came running down the stairs with her layered blonde hair in a ponytail. She suddenly hugged (Y/N) as if they haven't seen each other in years. (Y/N) hugged her back with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Alright guys, you might be late," Catherine's mom laughed at the sight of the two.

(Y/N) and Catherine hurried to the limousine that was outside the house.

When the both of them got in, Catherine couldn't help but squeal. She surprised both (Y/N) and the driver since it just came out of nowhere.

"What happened?" (Y/N) asked with the contagious smile that Catherine had.

"Well. I guessing my mom told you that she'll be leaving," Catherine started.

"Yes and why are you so happy?" (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows.

"Well since they're gone, my cousin will watch over me," she explained. Then she squealed again. "He's my birthday present for you (Y/N)!" Catherine gave her another bone crushing hug while (Y/N) was really confused.

"You're giving me a person?" (Y/N) asked. "Just in case you haven't noticed, slavery isn't the style these days and I'm pretty sure that's illegal. Also my birthday is still after two more weeks."

Catherine now looked like she was about to burst with excitement. "It's not just any person," she held (Y/N)'s shoulders.

"It's Thomas Brodie Sangster!" Catherine exclaimed.

(Y/N) gaped at her best friend. "You're joking right?" She asked, hoping that she was right and also hoping that she was wrong.

She looked at Catherine and saw that she was serious. Dead serious.

"WHAT!" She yelled. "We've been friends since I don't know ever since and you didn't mention to me that your a cousin of Thomas Sangster! My celebrity crush!"

"I'm sorry," Catherine put her hands up. "I knew that you were going to react like this. I was going to tell you. Honest!" (Y/N) raised her eyebrow at Catherine. "But then you kept on saying about the love of your life which is Thomas Brodie Sangster," Catherine continued. "I swear I wanted to laugh when you said that the both of you will never meet. It also felt a little weird that my best friend likes my cousin," she laughed.

After a while, the news sunk down to (Y/N). "Hey it's not as weird than your best friend having a crush on your brother," she laughed.

They remembered before in middle school when one of their friends, told Catherine that she likes her big brother, Clark. She even sang the song from that show Victorious, My Best Friend's Brother.

"Do you remember what she said when she saw you brother?" (Y/N) said clutching her stomach. Catherine nodded.

"OMG your brother is so hot!" The both of them said, then they laughed again.

When their laughter died, (Y/N) decided to ask about Catherine's big brother. "How is he by the way?"

"He's doing well," she shrugged.

Matt was much of a big brother to (Y/N) as he was to Catherine. Even if he's away from home because he's studying in college, he would seem times sends them gifts, but nothing beats having him with you. (Y/N) remembered Matt when she first saw him taking Catherine home from school. He was really goofy and the both of them got along easily. Whenever Matt was with her, (Y/N) would feel as if Stephen, her older brother, was with her since he treated her like a little sister.

(Y/N) them found herself missing her own big brother. Just like Catherine, (Y/N) also has a big brother who isn't there anymore.

So tell me what you want,

What you really really want.

Catherine's phone rang, disrupting (Y/N)'s thoughts, and answered it. Her ringtone was the song, Wanna Be, by the Spice Girls. She's been in love with that song ever since she saw a video of Dylan lip syncing to it.

Yep, she has a crush on the famous Dylan O'Brien.

"Hello? Thomas," she said.

(Y/N)'s eyes narrowed and her cheeks began to burn. She looked at Catherine and who shot her a sly smile and a wink which didn't make things any better for her.

"I'm going to my swimming lessons," Catherine said. "No, I'm with my friend, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) wanted to squeal and scream cause she was just introduced to her crush!

Being introduced to Thomas Brodie Sangster isn't an everyday thing.

"It's just after two hours," Catherine said after a while. "You're gonna pick me up?" (Y/N)'s ears perked up. "Sure. See you later."

"I did not just experience that!" (Y/N) exclaimed. "That was," she took a breath. "That was! That was so surreal!" She took Catherine's shoulders and shook her vigorously.

"Girl you are so crazy!" Catherine laughed taking (Y/N)'s hands off her shoulder.

"That's why I insist you bring me to the mental hospital just a few blocks away from your house," (Y/N) laughed.

Catherine laughed with her and before they knew it, they were already there. They took their things and when the driver was about to park and wait for the both of them, Catherine stopped him before he can leave.

"My cousin is going to pick us up later so you can leave."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened and the limo left before she could say anything. She bit her lip so that she could stop the squeal that she was about leave her mouth.

"Are you ready?" Catherine asked.

(Y/N) was confused by that question but she still answered.

"Of course I'm always ready for swimming. Why'd you ask?"

Catherine rolled her eyes as the both of them went to their lockers. "I mean. Are you ready to meet my cousin later?"

"Definitely not," she laughed.

Am I ready to see him? I hope that I won't embarrass myself and act like a total slinthead.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade