Chapter 11 - Saints Without A Cause

Previously:
- (G/N) is waiting for the jobs that she'll be given
- Newt woke up
- He met (G/N)

Chapter 11 - Saints Without A Cause

The top three jobs that (G/N) had was being a Slicer, a Med-Jack, and a Cook. You don't really have only one job here in the Glade since people need all the help they can get. The three Keepers went to (G/N) and discussed her schedule with her.

She was told that she was going to help with the meals everyday. Being a Cook was her most permanent job. Being a Slicer and a Med-Jack was like part-time since they'll just call her when they need her.

(G/N) accepted the jobs and was glad since she had the in between hours before lunch and dinner to herself. Maybe she could start to find the books that she was supposed to find. She's actually forgotten about them the past week because she was trying to get used to the Glade.

When she went to her-well Newt's-hut, she lied down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. She had to find the books because she was told that to get the books, she'll be able to save the Gladers, but she didn't know where to start. Seeing on how they live and how they try to have hope made her want to save them right now. Then she remembered that Alby told her that she can make requests to the Creators, she wondered if she could ask for a map or the exact location.

She scoffed. "They wanted me to find it on my own. They wouldn't give me the answer on a silver platter," she said to herself. "Well, if I want their escape to be sooner than possible, then I should go and try it out."

Taking a piece of paper, she asked how she could find the books and placed it in the Box. It was worth a try. She had to wait a week for the reply.

-

Three days have passed since she sent the request. Just four more days left until she gets an answer or be snubbed. Meanwhile, she's been enjoying her job as a Cook. She and Frypan had a pretty good dynamic and he was really glad to have some help.

She's been called to be a Slicer yesterday and had to be a Med-Jack on that day too since a Slicer had another accident. Slicers were prone to have accidents, (G/N) learned. She had to get him treated in the Med-Jack's Hut. She knew that she was going to face Newt that day when she entered.

She was right because when she came in, he was lying on his cot looking bored. Then he saw her enter with a boy cradling his arm.

(G/N) fixed him up since Clint and Jeff were out again with the builders. She tried not to look at Newt whom she knew was staring at her. She's gotten used to the staring.

"There," she said when she was done. "You're good to go Alex."

"Thanks (G/N)."

Alex left the Hut leaving (G/N) and Newt alone. (G/N) stood up and was about to leave when she heard Newt call out to her.

"Wait," he said.

"Yes?" She turned to face him.

"I'm sorry for how I acted the other day. It wasn't...nice."

"It's alright. You woke up to quite a shock."

"Yes but you're just trying to help and I-"