Chapter 37 - You Don't Know A Thing About This Life

Previously:
- (Y/N) was able to confirm by James that everything wasn't just a dream
- She found out that John knew about everything and never bothered to say anything to her

Chapter 37 - You Don't Know A Thing About This Life

February 2014

When (Y/N) found out that it was John who knew about everything and had the answers she needed. She didn't ask him immediately about it. She wanted to make sure. She made sure to ask some questions that would give her some clues.

This went on for a few months.

-

May 2014

"(Y/N) I need to speak to you."

(Y/N) just got home from another therapy session. They only had an hour a week but it seemed like it was getting longer as each session comes. When she got home, John called for her. She was too annoyed to wonder the reason why he wanted her. John was sitting on the living room couch along with Catherine. They were the first thing she saw when she entered the house.

"What is this about?" She asked. Her eyes flittering to the two of them.

"First, how was therapy?"

"It's fine." She didn't want to tell them that she wasn't recovering. That she wasn't even trying. Sure, she was taking her medication but she doubted they could help for the hallucination.

"It's because I don't think it's working."

"It's just been a few months. It isn't going to just magically go away."

"Still, this is what I wanted to talk to you about. I'm thinking of sending you off to Rosewood Institute, a mental hospital."

"Mental hospital?" She shot up from her seat. "I'm not crazy! Not crazy enough to be sent to a mental hospital."

"(Y/N) calm down," Catherine held (Y/N)'s shoulders. "Take your seat." Both of them sat on the couch opposite  John.

"You can't do that!" Catherine soothed her. "I mean, I'm fine."

"No, you're not fine. I'm going to ask you this what did you do yesterday?" John asked.

"Catherine came over and we watched that anime with the naked giants. She's crazy about them." She looked at Catherine with a smile. She returned a half smile but it wasn't genuine.

"What did you do the day before that?"

"I went to my ballet lessons."

"Wrong," John said. "Yesterday, you went to your swimming lessons with Catherine. The day before that, you and Thomas went back to the set of The Maze Runner."

(Y/N) blinked. "You're lying." She waited for confirmation from Catherine but there was none.

"Yesterday," Catherine started, "while we were swimming, you suddenly went...beserk in the pool. You almost drowned if coach didn't save you. You said that you were being chased. I had to explain to coach about your um situation in private of course. He said that he won't let you come back until you got better. But when he said it, it didn't sound that harsh."

"That's not true."

"The other day," John said, "you were supposed to go to your ballet lessons but your classmates found you staring at a wall! You were saying something that they couldn't understand. Your teacher called me and asked me to pick you up."