Chapter 24 - Found A Complication In Your Heart

Previously:
- (G/N) got stung
- Newt said that he'll watch over (G/N)

Chapter 24 - Found A Complication In Your Heart

Gally couldn't sleep that night. He was thinking of (G/N). Wondering if she was fine. He didn't show it earlier but he was also close to having a breakdown when the Maze Doors were about to close and (G/N) still hasn't gone through. He couldn't bring himself to break down when he saw Newt. He was so vulnerable and scared of the prospect that (G/N) would be gone forever. He had to be strong for Newt and for everyone else.

But now he was alone.

Since he couldn't sleep, he decided to walk around the Glade. He hasn't done this before because he was always strict about the rules. When it was time to sleep, he slept. When it was time to wake up, he wakes up. He does what needs to be done and tries his best not to cause any trouble.

He wanted to visit (G/N) earlier. She was asleep but he saw that mark. The mark of someone who was stung.

Gally's knees buckled and he fell on the ground. There was no one else there. There was no one there to see him. There was no one there who needs a strong figure. He could finally be vulnerable.

He couldn't scream because he'll wake up the Gladers. He covered his mouth as he silently screamed and felt hot tears on his face. He couldn't do this. Two years here in the Glade and he's seen people come and go. He went through a lot of loss but he never wavered or broke down.

But what's so different this time?

Why with her?

Eventually, he got tired and slept in front of the East Maze Doors.

-

When he woke up, he felt ill. He had a headache and felt something sore on his right leg. He raised his pants to see what was wrong and felt horror wash over him.

On his right leg, he had the mark. The same mark that (G/N) had. The mark of someone who's stung.

Gally swore under his breath. He doesn't remember even going at the Maze. He was confused.

He couldn't tell anyone because they'll say that he broke the rules. He would accept responsibility for something he did but he doesn't believe he did this. He had difficulty breathing. Who could he tell this to? Who could he trust?

There was (G/N) but she was also stung. She's out cold now. So who?

"Gally?"

Gally turned his head and saw Minho. He didn't have enough time to cover up his leg and it was out there in the open for Minho to see.

"You're-"

"Help me."

Gally felt nervous. He was never close with Minho but they got a little closer because of (G/N). But would he help him now?

"You went in the Maze?"

"No! Yes? I don't know okay! You have to believe me. I slept here then I woke up and I saw that I got stung." Gally looked at Minho who was still trying to take in the information. "Please help me Minho. I don't want to be banished."