Chapter 35 - Living in Illusions

Previously:
- (Y/N) woke up from a three day coma
- Her adventure in the Glade was nothing more than a dream
- Or so they say

Chapter 35 - Living in Illusions

"How are you doing?"

"Still trying."

"How about your nightmares?"

"As long as I take the drug I'm fine."

"How about that dream you had four months ago? Do you still think it's real?"

(Y/N) gave her therapist the same answer she gave for two months.

"Yes."

When 2014 came, (Y/N) decided to go to a therapist. Catherine and John agreed with her decision to do so. They thought that she was improving. That she'll want to get better. But all (Y/N) wanted were the prescribed drugs.

This was her second trip. She only scheduled monthly appointments. But found her trips to the therapists a waste of time. It was the same old questions since last month met with the same replies. The only reason why she wanted to come back was because of the drugs and the diagnosis.

Her first meeting with the therapist just consisted of her answering all her questions. She revealed the nightmares and the trouble sleeping. She also mentioned that she believes that she went to the Glade. After that, her therapist gave her prescription drugs and said to meet her after a month.

"With my notes and our meeting from last month, I believe that you have unspecified schizophrenia."

"What's that?"

"It means that you have some symptoms of schizophrenia but you don't match the other cases. It's why it's called unspecified."

"What symptoms do I have?"

"Hallucinations and delusions."

"Right." She knew it was a mistake to mention that she sometimes thinks that she's back in the Maze and the Grievers were out to get her. The nightmares try to get her even when she's awake.

"(Y/N)," her therapist leaned in. She had a concerned and warm look on her face. "A cure for schizophrenia isn't known but it can be controlled. I've had a lot of patients with schizophrenia, you don't have to worry. You will get better."

"Well I'm not here to get better," she said with a cold and piercing stare. She wanted to show her true intentions to her therapists. She didn't want to waste her time and efforts for a patient who won't even try. "I just want a good night's sleep."

"You can't rely on the drugs for the rest of your life." (Y/N)'s silence was a sign that she knew that. "So what will you do if I cut off your prescription?"

She knew she was bluffing. Still, the thought scared her but she didn't want to show it. She had a good night's sleep for one month. True they were all drugged but she took what she can get.

"I'll just continue to do what I did before."

What she did was that she'd tire herself out. Do as much as she could everyday, only taking a few breaks. So that when night comes, she'd be out like a light in a second. Her mind would be too tired to even construct a single thought or dream.