Part IV: Chapter 34 - Crashed Down From a High That Felt So Real

Previously:
- There was supposed to be a list of what happened in the last chapters, but they never happened.

Part IV: Chapter 34 -  Crashed Down From a High That Felt So Real

"(Y/N) are you alright?"

Silence.

Her doctor introduced himself but she didn't catch his name. She didn't realize he was calling her name. She wasn't used to being called that before.

"(Y/N)?"

"That's not my name."

"Is there another name you prefer? A nickname?" She shouldn't be hard on the poor man. He was just doing his job.

"What happened to me?"

"You were in a car accident. You've been unconscious for three days."

What?

"We've already contacted your friends and parents."

That was like a stab in the back.

"I don't have parents." They're dead.

Speaking of stabs, (Y/N) looked at her left arm. There was supposed to be that dark black circle on it. Now it's gone. No matter how many times she twisted and rubbed her arm, it didn't show. That dark circle was the ugly remnant of when she got stung. She remembered trying to hard to cover it so that it wouldn't be seen. But now she'd give anything to have it back.

She looked at her chest right where the Griever stabbed her with its leg. She expected to find a wound there. A scar. Some sort of proof. This was something you couldn't just hide overnight. But she saw that there was nothing. Her skin was smooth and unblemished.

"Is there anything you need?" The doctor asked. How long has he been talking to me?  "Water maybe?"

"What date is it?"

"November 12."

No.

"Year?"

"2013."

"That's impossible."

"I did say that you were unconscious for just three days."

It felt like longer. Like oh I don't know, six months.

"Are you sure?"

The doctor gave her as the evidence that she needed to believe that it was November 12, 2013. He showed her his phone and asked the nurses. It was enough to know that he was telling the truth.

Before the doctor was about to leave,  a familiar blonde came running inside and tackled (Y/N) in a hug. "(Y/N)! I'm so glad you're alright. You're alright right? She doesn't have amnesia doctor?"

"No, she doesn't."

"Good." (Y/N) was shocked at first with the hug but then she realized how much she missed her best friend.