67- Chasing Cars

~Snow Patrol 

AN: I know it's been forever, I am so so so sorry. But please do comment, let me know what else you guys want to read about, what else you guys want to happen, etc. Also, if you're a solangelo fan (because it's possible to have more than one ship :D), then follow me on Tumblr where I post a shit ton of one shots and fanart @  i-write-shakespeare-not-disney :) 

And because some of you said yes to getting to know Derek and Will a little more: 

October 4, 2014

The strings of his guitar felt comfortable under his calloused fingers. The scraping sound was familiar and comforting. And as he plucked the strings one by one, rapidly, a melody filled the air. Nico leaned over and untucked the pen behind his ear to write onto his old journal. It was worn and falling apart, but it was filled with songs Nico hadn't gotten the chance to add music to.

He placed the pen behind his ear again and began playing again. Trying to find the right note, the right order, the right pattern, the right chord. Somewhere in the chorus, someone knocked on his door. "Come in," he called.

The door opened and Will and Derek walked into his room. Will immediately threw himself on the bed, scattering the loose sheets from Nico's journal, but Derek sat politely on the chair at his desk. "What are you doing?"

"Adding music to my songs, and you just scattered half of them," Nico muttered. "Get up, there's one under you." Will arched his back, allowing Nico to grab the poem beneath.

Derek had leaned over to grab a few that had fallen to the floor. His eyebrows furrowed for a second before he gave them to Nico. "Is that the Heartbreak Journal?" Will asked.

"The what?" Derek asked.

Nico rolled his eyes. "Will likes to call my journal the Heartbreak Journal because I filled it with entries, poems, and songs about Percy." Derek raised an eyebrow and glanced at the papers sticking out from the journal. "We'd broken up and I was a mess. But there's some songs that are hopeful, some that are just really good lyrics, and some that are just love, not heartbreak. So I've been going through it."

"There was one I really liked, I don't remember the name," Will mused. "It was a poem though." He grabbed the journal and Nico snatched it back. "Hey," he whined.

"You don't respect the journal, you don't read the journal." Will rolled his eyes and put his hands behind his head. "I'll be right back. What time's the movie?"

"In an hour," Derek answered. Nico nodded and went into the bathroom. When he returned to his room, Will was gone and Derek was turning in the chair. "He went to check if I left my wallet in the living room when we said hi to your parents." Nico nodded and grabbed his jacket.

"Well, I'm good to go." He grabbed his journal and put it up on the bookshelf before turning to leave his room with Derek.

They ran into Will at the bottom of the stairs. "It wasn't down here, babe." Derek shrugged.

"I probably left it in the car. Ready?" Will nodded and let them both pass before following them. Nico laid down on the backseat and sighed. "So, does it feel weird making plans with people other than Percy?" Derek asked as he drove.

"Nah. Sort of. I don't know, it's not as weird because it's you and Will. And I mean I've always hung out with Will and now you. It'd be weird if I asked the Stolls or something." He shrugged. "Papa said it was good for me. Though I'm really tired of the surprised looks I get when I say I'm trying to spend time with other people."