Chapter 21

Domonique

I put my hair up in a messy bun and grabbed my notebook that was sitting on the nightstand. I haven't wrote anything in a while and I needed to put all my thoughts on paper. It was the perfect time because I had just got done smoking my fourth blunt and I can't seem to stop thinking about everything that's currently going wrong in my life right now.

I picked up the pen and started writing but stopped a few minutes later because I'm high as hell and can barely see the paper. "I don't know why I thought that was a good idea." I mumbled as I closed my notebook and tossed it on the opposite side of the bed; the side Jordan normally lays on.

I miss being in her presence but I know she's been busy and all I've been doing is smoking to calm my nerves and to keep Zach off my mind. She wasn't taking me serious when I said we were on a break and part of me is glad she didn't because I need her the most right now.

I got my phone off the charger and that's when I saw all the missed calls and texts from Jordan. I didn't read them because I didn't want her to know that I saw them and didn't text back because she would get mad at me and I hate when she's mad at me. It's the worst feeling ever.

I tapped the Instagram icon and immediately saw Jordan again. She spent all last night playing basketball and taking pictures with groupie hoes. But this one picture in particular was making me miss her cute ass even more than I already do now.

"I called and texted you."

I damn near jumped at the sound of Jordan's voice but I quickly pulled myself together by folding my leg over the other, trying to seem unbothered. "How you get in here?" I asked her.

"I picked the lock. Why didn't you answer the phone tho?"

"Why you showing up unannounced? You've made it clear that I'm no longer your bitch so why are you here?" I asked, knowing she hasn't been doing anything at all. I just wanna argue so we can fuck then go out to eat.

"Girl what the fuck are you talking about?" she says, clearly annoyed with my false accusations.

"You know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about, Jordan." I said,

"I don't, but why don't you go ahead and tell me so I can pretend to be interested?"

I narrowed my eyes at her smart ass while thinking of something to say. "Since you can't seem to find anything to say.. How about you tell me why you haven't returned any of my calls or texts?" she says, her voice getting more hostile.

"I will just as soon as you tell me why you feel it's okay to show up unannounced." I retorted.

"You wasn't answering my calls so you left me no choice." she said.

"You gon pay to fix my lock or you gon leave that broken so I can robbed?" I said, sarcastically.

She laughed like it was the funniest shit she ever heard and I stared at her, wondering why she thought that was funny when I was being serious.

"Nobody told you to live in the hood." she said through her obnoxious laughter. "This is the suburbs. It just so happens that a lot of crip niggas live over here. If you don't like it, buy me a house." I finished with a fake smile.

"Whatever." she mumbled. "Lemme see your phone." she demanded as she took it from me. Why would she bother asking if she was going to take it?

She typed in my passcode that just so happens to be her birthday. I watched as her finger rapidly moved on the screen, "Why do you follow her?" she asked and I raised a eyebrow, "Who?"