Chapter 19

Noah Brooks

"You can let yourself out." I say as I stretched and proceeded to go take a shower. "You don't want me to make you some breakfast?" She asked and I grabbed her clothes that were scattered around the room and gave them to her.

"Nah I'm good." I said, going into the bathroom before she could say anything else.

I thought this was what I wanted. It was fun at first, but now it's pointless and I'm not feeling it anymore. I tried to apologize to Aiden but he ain't fucking with me right now. I was starting to get all depressed and shit which was why I called that dumb hoe over here last night. I really was trying to change, but it's easier said than done.

After showering I brushed my teeth and got dressed so I could go to Assyria's house. I knew she was up and I had to make it there before the food got done cooking, or I wouldn't eat because she's petty and doesn't share food. She's the type to eat in front of me and not offer anything.

In less than twenty minutes I was pulling up in front of her home. I could smell the food cooking from my car and I smiled to myself. I walked straight in, going into the kitchen where she was standing over the stove. Dakota was seated at the island texting away on her phone. We slapped hands but didn't say anything to each other because we never do. She barely talks and I found that weird because all Assyria does is talk.

"Morning sis" I say before kissing her cheek and she smiled at me as I opened the refrigerator up and got a glass so I could pour myself some orange juice. "I was just watching some of your highlights" she said, cutting her eyes at me.

"And?" I said, waiting on her to say something slick because she always does. "And, I'm proud of you. You're actually good at football, I thought Ma and Timmy were just gassin." She admitted. "Girl I'm untouchable on that field." I said cockily, making her laugh.

"It smell good as fuck in here!" Her annoying ass friend Zion said with Marcus coming in behind him. "Wassup Noah" he said, extending his hand for me to shake and I brushed past him, joining Dakota at the island. I don't fuck with him or Marcus, so I don't know why he thought I'd shake his hand like we were coo.

"Why you coming in all loud and shit?" Assyria says, stepping away from them and placing a plate in front of both me and Dakota who was visibly frustrated. "You good, G?" I ask and she looked up briefly before her gaze went back down to her phone. "Yeah, I'm coo" she says as Assyria sits beside her and rests her head on Dakota's shoulder so she could whisper in her ear.

"I need to talk to you" Zion mumbled lowly to me as I began eating. "Nigga I barely know you. What we gotta talk for?" I questioned.

"It's about Aiden. If you really care about him then you would listen to what I have to say," he whispered harshly and I flexed my jaw, wanting to slap him with my plate. Without saying anything else, he left from the kitchen and after he was no longer in sight I got up and followed after him.

"What about, Aiden?" I asked and he smirked. "I know my girl and my daughter are with him, but ion know where he stays." He said.

"I don't either," I responded, shoving my hands in my pocket. "I know you do. So you're gon tell me where he stays or the whole world will know about what you do with your free time." He smirked and I chuckled. "And you think people would believe you?" I asked.

"They will, trust me. Just think about it and get back to me in a couple days." He said, backing away from me and going into the kitchen. 

I stood there a little longer, contemplating having somebody kill his ass to make things easier. "Aye, tell Assyria to call me later." I say to Dakota as she walked past me arguing with somebody on the phone.